PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Souveran

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jw
11-28-2008, 02:19 PM
I`ve been a long time Zaino user but am considering giving Pinnacle Souveran. I have a few questions. First, is it really that much better than P21S? Does it attract more dust than Zaino? Also, what provides a better look on black, just straight Souveran or Zaino and Klasse topped with Souveran? Thanks, I`m just trying to decide if this is worth it or not. Autogeek`s buy one get one free ends tonight.

imported_NRZ
11-28-2008, 02:21 PM
I love it on all dark colored cars, ease of use is crazy simple, and at bogo prices. Its just a great deal. One tin lasts a long time!! I dont notice any extra dust and i`ve never used p21s but the durabilty is great on the Pinnacle!

zaxjax
11-28-2008, 03:24 PM
JW

I haven`t used Zaino but like most sealants cars looked like they are wrapped in saran wrap.

Pinnacle Souveran does make dark colors like black, red, green and blue look deep and wet. P21S does the same but the durability is better.

I had Pinnacle and P21S on my Crimson Red 335i and I liked both

AspenF150
11-28-2008, 03:35 PM
I would think Zaino topped with Souveran would look sick on any dark colored car. Zaino for the protection and wet look it`s renouned for and the Souveran to really amp up the wetness and deep gloss.

zaxjax
11-28-2008, 03:40 PM
You`ll make the Zaino faithful go crazy topping Zaino with a carnauba

imported_NRZ
11-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Top Souveran with Natty`s Blue and you`ll have the wettest deepest look too!

imported_agentf1
11-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I found that if your car is prepped right both the Zaino and PS have the same look, the only difference is PS has no durability. JMHO.

I did find that nuba`s like PS seem to attract more dust.

imported_Detailing Technology
11-28-2008, 08:15 PM
I found that if your car is prepped right both the Zaino and PS have the same look, the only difference is PS has no durability. JMHO.

100% on.

Pinnacle is a really nice "beauty" wax. Good for a show or special event.

Like most carnauba waxes, it`s a dust magnet. And has low to no-durability.

Showroom Shine
11-29-2008, 08:58 AM
You will Love the Pinnacle Souveran Paste. Easy on easy off. I have a light colored truck. ( my avatar0 The Souveran brought out a goldish metal flake I never saw before. I was Thrilled. I just ordered the DoDo Juice Soft Wax kit. I`ll see if there is a big difference this spring. Sorry I have to wait so long. Ohio winters are Tuff.

onelazydawg
11-29-2008, 09:12 AM
I like Soveran better in the looks department but it will not last as long. As for dust what clean car is not a magnet for it :think2

imported_Detailing Technology
11-29-2008, 09:21 AM
I can say that Swissvax Concorso and Pinnacle Souveran have extremely similar looks on black. Durability goes to the Swissvax but at 3x the cost.

nixonrsx
11-29-2008, 09:44 AM

Sorry I am going to have to disagree. I dont post much on here but Im on just about everyday, and I think that is the first time I have ever heard that comment on here. It is crazy to think that Zaino and Souveran have the same look on a perfectly prepped car. The look of those two is sooooo apparently different I could easily pic out from panel to panel on the same car if those both were used. Like said above, Zaino makes any car look like its made out of plastic imo, way to shiny. And Souveran mutes what ever color you put it on, even more so on metallics, and gives it a warm glow, makes all the curves of the car melt together, while Zaino exaggerates them. As far as durability, I live in Cen Fla and nothing, I mean nothing lasts more than a month unless your car is garaged 24/7. For me the best looking carnuba is CG 5050, my favorite sealant is Ultima PGP....but anyway....just had to give my opinion...oh and my car is a black pearl from acura....5050 looks amazing on it, crisp, doesnt mute, easy on/off, just looks sexy.

Scottwax
11-29-2008, 10:09 AM
On solid black, Souveran looks noticably better than any sealant I have used; Opti-Seal, Wolfgang, Werkstat, Z5, NXT, Klasse twins, etc. Obviously it isn`t as durable but the improvement in look is most definitely there. You will need to apply it every 4-6 weeks to keep the killer look (actual durability is 3-4 months for me) as while the protection remains, the "shimmer" doesn`t last as long.

What I typically use though, is Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose. Not quite the liquid shimmer of Souveran but it darkens the paint more, has excellent depth and is more durable, including the look. I get 4, maybe 5 months out of it, so I reapply it every 3 months.

Glossmaster
11-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Try spit shining Souveran with OCW v2 for enhanced Souveran durability. Plenty of great nuba`s mentioned here & spit shining with OCW will definitely make a difference.

Rob Tomlin
11-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Sorry I am going to have to disagree. I dont post much on here but Im on just about everyday, and I think that is the first time I have ever heard that comment on here. It is crazy to think that Zaino and Souveran have the same look on a perfectly prepped car. The look of those two is sooooo apparently different I could easily pic out from panel to panel on the same car if those both were used. Like said above, Zaino makes any car look like its made out of plastic imo, way to shiny. And Souveran mutes what ever color you put it on, even more so on metallics, and gives it a warm glow, makes all the curves of the car melt together, while Zaino exaggerates them. As far as durability, I live in Cen Fla and nothing, I mean nothing lasts more than a month unless your car is garaged 24/7. For me the best looking carnuba is CG 5050, my favorite sealant is Ultima PGP....but anyway....just had to give my opinion...oh and my car is a black pearl from acura....5050 looks amazing on it, crisp, doesnt mute, easy on/off, just looks sexy.

I have to completely agree with this.

I can`t believe there are people who think that Zaino and a carnauba wax like Souveran have "the same look". :eek: