PDA

View Full Version : PC Maintenance

Less
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I only use my PC 3-5 times per year to do my own personal vehicles and the occassionial friend/family car. I`ve had it for about two years now (maybe 3, I`m not sure), and I think it`s due for some preventative maintenance.

It seems to work ok, but when I turn it off and the pad is still spinning a bit on its own momentum, I can hear a sort of squeaking noise as the motor slows down. Like it needs to be oiled or greased.

Is there any regular maintenance/lubrication that I should be doing to keep this thing in working order?

Legacy
11-26-2008, 02:46 PM
I believe the motor is sealed and requires no maintenance.

Accumulator
12-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Less- Yeah, the PC can sound like it`s ready to explode, but that really is normal. I`ve never maintained either of mine and they`ve had a *LOT* of hard use. The one needed rebuilt after maybe five years (cost about $75) but the other has never needed anything. I`d just use it until it dies, if it ever does, and then have it repaired.

Sheesh, sounds like I`m one of those guys who abuses/neglects their tools :o

But AFAIK the PC isn`t a user-serviceable unit like the Cyclo. The latter is supposed to be lubricated in a few spots but the PC manual doesn`t say anything like that IIRC.