PDA

View Full Version : Trying Menzerna line for 1st time, HELP!

Pages : [1] 2

goceltics34
11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Getting back in to detailing after a loooong break. I just purchased some Menzerna polishes and wanted to know if you can help me get started.

Intensive Polish PO91E

Power Finish P0203

Final Polish PO85U

Pads: Orange, White, Grey - all Lake Country Pads

What combination would I use to remove light swirls and very little water spots?

What combination would I use to remove medium swirls, marring, deep water spots?

Would I need to follow up any of these steps with another polish or can I go directly to the LSP?

I appreciate your help!

Less
11-26-2008, 12:29 PM
The answer to every question you asked is: "It depends"

There are just too many variables like:

The harness/softeness of your paint

Ambient Temperature

Severity of defects

Buffer speed

Buffer pressure

Your own expectations

I would say that you should start with the final polish and the white pad, inspect your work, and move up from there until you`re satisfied. As you get more aggressive, you might see an orange pad and/or the intensive polish leave micro-marring that you`ll have to take out with the Final polish.

goceltics34
11-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I have a 2004 Acura TL and would use the PC at 5 or 6 with medium to hard pressure, slow passes. Weather in Southern California is very cooperative. I want to get the finish as perfect as possible. Defects aren`t too bad but there are some water spots with minor scratches and swirls and micromarring.

MBurnickas
11-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I wouldn`t bother with starting with FP, if you have swirls and water spots start with IP and white pad and see if that gets it. Don`t waste much time there either, if you don`t get it in one pass go to orange pad. FPII is a great finishing product for a wax, but if you use a sealant try a dawn wash or alcohol wipe.

goceltics34
11-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Is there any need for Power Finish or will it be a dust collector?

MBurnickas
11-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Not at all a dust collector, in fact the other two might be the dust collectors. Power finish is like the other two in one bottle. It is possible to start right there too. I think IP with give you a slightly better cut than PF, but if 203 gets the swirls it will finish up nicely.

dublifecrisis
11-26-2008, 01:00 PM
yeah i would start with power Finish and a white pad. nice slow passes and shine a light, see what you get out of that. I`ve never used it but I have used the other 2 quite a bit.

goceltics34
11-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Nice, I think I will begin with Power Finish with a white pad. If this doesn`t work can I use Power Finish with the Orange Pad or go to Intensive Polish with a white pad? Too many options...

MBurnickas
11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
If you start with 203 and it doesn`t get it, I personally would go straight to IP with an orange pad. Using an orange pad with 203 kind of is a waste because you will have to finish it off.

Less
11-26-2008, 01:10 PM
If power finish/white pad doesn`t do what you want, then you probably won`t be using it at all. I wouldn`t go to an orange pad with it. In my experience the orange pad has too much cut to finish down LSP ready no matter what polish you use. So if you`re going to be doing a two step process, I would go with the the IP, then the FP.

Power finish is meant to be a one-step product.

goceltics34
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
I think I got it. If Power Finish doesn`t do the trick, I will jump to Intensive Polish with an orange pad and finish up with Power Finish with a white pad.

Sound about right?

Thanks for the help.

MBurnickas
11-26-2008, 01:24 PM
One Step usually means clean or polish and adds protection but I know what your saying. It`s a product that has redefined what polishes are capable of, it is a medium cut that finishes better than most final step cleaners.

TSC17
11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Another variable...what color TL do you have? If NBP, then you might need more refinement still.

goceltics34
11-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Another variable...what color TL do you have? If NBP, then you might need more refinement still.

Anthracite Metallic

Less
11-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I think I got it. If Power Finish doesn`t do the trick, I will jump to Intensive Polish with an orange pad and finish up with Power Finish with a white pad.

Sound about right?

Thanks for the help.

Probably. But I would bet that Finishing Polish and a white pad will work better as a second step than the Power Finish.