PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Huge Black Friday Sale at Autopia!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Rob Tomlin
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
This is the biggest sale I have ever seen on detailing supplies.

Now I have to come up with the biggest list possible. Finally time to try UPGP!!!

:woot:

BigAl3
11-25-2008, 02:14 PM
hey rob, pick up some of the blue perl waffle weave drying towels (these are the ultra-soft ones, i don`t care for the regular ones) and some sonus ultimate detailing towels if you haven`t already. not only are they on sale right now, but with the discount it will be even cheaper!

Hot Offers! (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/hot.html)

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autopia_2027_7087624

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autopia_2028_1660083

Rob Tomlin
11-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Good advice Al. I need more drying towels too (WW).

Any advice for a wheel cleaner? I usually use P21S, but Autopia doesn`t carry that, so I need to try something else.

Edit: strike that, they do carry p21s wheel cleaner. Just not the bigger refill size.

wannafbody
11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
The blue perl towels are nice.

Rob Tomlin
11-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Keep the recommendations coming!

jb1
11-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey BigAl3,

Quick question -are the Blue Perl cleaning & buffing towels similar to the Viking polishing towels? They look the same, just different color. I can`t buy the Viking locally any more and they are the best glass cleaning towels I`ve ever used.

What about the 16" X 16" Buffing towels? Would they be similar to the teal/green Viking towels only slightly smaller?

BigAl3
11-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey BigAl3,

Quick question -are the Blue Perl cleaning & buffing towels similar to the Viking polishing towels? They look the same, just different color. I can`t buy the Viking locally any more and they are the best glass cleaning towels I`ve ever used.

What about the 16" X 16" Buffing towels? Would they be similar to the teal/green Viking towels only slightly smaller?

all the Blue Perl towels are nice and at the price they are at, PLUS the additonal black friday blowout 30% discount you can`t go wrong. i would order a few packs of each, and remember.. you get 2 towels to each package (one on the drying towel). if you don`t have any of the drying towels, i would pick a few up...

p.s. i don`t think they can get any cheaper than this...

jb1
11-25-2008, 08:46 PM
all the Blue Perl towels are nice and at the price they are at, PLUS the additonal black friday blowout 30% discount you can`t go wrong. i would order a few packs of each, and remember.. you get 2 towels to each package. if you don`t have any of the drying towels, i would pick a few up...

p.s. i don`t think they can get any cheaper than this...

Are the prices I see on the Hot Offer link above good now? And will they be 30% lower on Friday? Sorry for the dumb question - just want to make sure before I place my order.

BigAl3
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Are the prices I see on the Hot Offer link above good now? And will they be 30% lower on Friday? Sorry for the dumb question - just want to make sure before I place my order.

yes, the sale prices are good now, that`s why they are in the hot offers section. do a makeshift order and then enter the " savehuge " coupon code and you`ll see the 30% discount...

here`s an example, notice the "unit price" (which is it`s sale price) and then when you enter the coupon code, you`ll see the additional 30% discount below the subtotal... Shopping Cart (http://order.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bin/wg-order?autopia)

imported_wagonproject
11-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Would you recommend the blue pearl drying towel over the sonus der wunder drying towel? (not looking at price)

BigAl3
11-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Would you recommend the blue pearl drying towel over the sonus der wunder drying towel? (not looking at price)

i haven`t tried the sonus der wunder drying towel, but if it`s an ultra-soft waffle weave (like the blue perl), then you should be good to go. i don`t like using normal waffle weave drying towels, they are just a tad to rough for my liking...

jb1
11-25-2008, 09:11 PM
yes, the sale prices are good now, that`s why they are in the hot offers section. do a makeshift order and then enter the " savehuge " coupon code and you`ll see the 30% discount...

here`s an example, notice the "unit price" (which is it`s sale price) and then when you enter the coupon code, you`ll see the additional 30% discount below the subtotal... Shopping Cart (http://order.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bin/wg-order?autopia)

Thanks for the info BigAl3! You`re right, 30% on top of the sale prices - awesome. After all, I have to do my part to help stimulate the economy. :woohoo:

Greg Nichols
11-25-2008, 09:44 PM
i haven`t tried the sonus der wunder drying towel, but if it`s an ultra-soft waffle weave (like the blue perl), then you should be good to go. i don`t like using normal waffle weave drying towels, they are just a tad to rough for my liking...

I`ve tried this towel (Wunder DT)and think it is a poor towel. It just seems to push the water around and not pick it up.

Cheers,

Eric1285
11-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey BigAl3,

I really like the Blue Perl buffing towels. I don`t know how they compare to the Viking towels but they have a shorter nap on one side for removing wax/sealants and a plusher nap on the other that`s awesome for buffing.

BigAl3
11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
I`ve tried this towel (Wunder DT)and think it is a poor towel. It just seems to push the water around and not pick it up.

Cheers,

yeah, it seems like the normal thicker waffle weaves are not only not soft enough for my liking, but the thinner ultra-soft waffle weaves are lighter and suck up water better. not to mention if it gets saturated, you can wring it out (if needed) easier. i`ve been using the CG`s ultra-soft waffle weave (probably the best mf product i like from them) since they first came out, and they are still going strong after numerous and numerous washes. thanks for the heads up on the wunder DT...