PDA

View Full Version : Incensed, suggestions please

kustomsol
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
In the past my wife and I have usually purchase low milage newer cars, but recently she bought a 2001 HONDA CR-V with only 67k on it and in excellent condition. The previous owner bought it new then decided to move out of the country. She also burned incense in the car. We`ve detailed, extracted, cleaaned the interior top,etc. The car is fully carpeted with good quality mats, leather interior, etc. Other than the odor, it`s exactly what she wanted. Suggestions as to how to get rid of the incense odor.

Thanks,

Bert
11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
You may need to use an ozone generator. A professional detailer in the North Carolina may own one. You may have to pull out the phone book/search the internet and make some calls.

Holden_C04
11-25-2008, 01:35 PM
You will have to replace the cabin air filter. Will that get rid of the smell? It`s hard to say. There may be patches of fabric or other material that is still holding the fragrance.

jfelbab
11-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Arm & Hammer baking soda sprinkled liberally over the carpeting and then extract should help. You could leave an open boc under the seat for a few days too.

I`d wash all the vinyl,glass and the upholstery too.

MBurnickas
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
First I would do jfelabs suggestion, then I would try this odor product (http://www.autogeek.net/clean-air-fogger.html), then I would try an ozone generator last. Kind of like using the least aggresive polish program for a cars paint, use the least expensive odor program to get rid of the smell. I`d take insense smell any day over cigarettes or musty stuff.