PDA

View Full Version : Question on Meg`s mild abrasive

Brenton
09-27-2005, 05:02 AM
I am in the middle of a job and my SSR1 has still not arrived. I`ve been using a fairly heavy cut system and need a milder non-silicone polish to follow up. There isn`t much available locally, if I can I`ll get Farecla G10, which is fantastic, but hard to find.

I can get Meguiar`s Cleaner Wax and Steps 1-2-3, but I don`t know them. The cleaner seems like a prep wax, and looks like it has silicone or other natural waxes in it by the name, but I can`t get more info on their website.

It seems to me that the Step 2 Polish is what I want. Is that right? :cheers:

Brenton
09-27-2005, 06:35 AM
I found the Farecla G10, so I don`t need the Meg`s.
Does anyone know which of the Step 1-2-3 have silicone and natural waxes (obviously #3)?

Big Leegr
09-27-2005, 09:04 AM
For a bodyshop safe Meg`s light polish, you could try #80. It has a bit of protection for fresh paint too.
Here`s an excerpt from MOL, by Mike Phillips, answering basically this question:

"All of the compounds, paint cleaners, cleaner/polishes and pure polishes in Meguiar`s Professional Line are body shop safe.

Meguiar`s roots and history is in manufacturing products for use by professionals in the automotive industry, so this only makes sense, (that our compounds, paint cleaners, cleaner/polishes and pure polishes are body shop safe). Meguiar`s didn`t introduce their Consumer line until 1973.

The below products are all body shop safe

Paint Cleaners
* Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
* Meguiar`s Clear Coat Body Scrub
* Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

Car Washes
* Deep Crystal Car Wash
* Soft Wash Gel
* Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
* NXT Generation Car Wash
* Rich Suds Car Wash
* M00 Hi Tech Wash
* M62 Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
* D110 Hyper Wash
* D111 Shampoo Plus

The two products below are not body shop safe but they are safe to use on fresh paint.

* ScratchX
* Deep Crystal Polish"

Hope this helps!

Brenton
09-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanx.
I needed to find something locally. The only thing was Meg`s step 2 at a local store. I managed to find Farecla G10, which is excellent, though expensive.

PapiJ
09-28-2005, 04:53 AM
Meg`s step #2 is Glaze PEI , even step #1 is non abrasive . It`s a chemical cleaner

3m Imperial 05991 is a great substitute for SSR1 and is silicone free . Im sure you can find it locally .
Also - ssr2.5 has waxes and silicones , but I`m not 100% sure about the other ssr`s
SSR contains no wax though is all I know

Brenton
09-28-2005, 05:18 AM
Meg`s step #2 is Glaze PEI , even step #1 is non abrasive . It`s a chemical cleaner

3m Imperial 05991 is a great substitute for SSR1 and is silicone free . Im sure you can find it locally .
Also - ssr2.5 has waxes and silicones , but I`m not 100% sure about the other ssr`s
SSR contains no wax though is all I know

Thanx for the tips. I`ll download the MSDS sheets for the PB products when they come.
As it turned out we did a sealant-wax LSP, so any mild abrasive would have been fine.