PDA

View Full Version : Agressive Polish

blackludebosh
11-22-2008, 02:04 AM
I spent the whole today detailing my car with my newly purchased pc.

I washed - clay`d - washed before I started polishing.

Using an orange pad + menzerna ip I got out some defects but not what I wanted so I used a yellow pad + menzerna ip.

This got out a bit more than before but there are still light scratches all around the car, it got out maybe 50% of the scratches/defects.

I tried going over the same panel multiple times and gradually increasing the pressure applied but still not the results I was looking for.

What stronger combination should I try next?

Is there a more aggressive pad for the pc and/or more aggressive polish I should move onto?

auto_guy
11-22-2008, 04:25 AM
maybe try the megs 105 heard nothing but good results with that. do one with a wool, or maybe a yellow megs foam, second pass sprits some water on the surface and give it another pass see how that turns out. i`ve heard this technique finishes off well.

Lumadar
11-22-2008, 04:48 AM
I agree with the M105. Also, especially since you used yellow pads (the LC yellow) you might be installing some scratches of your very own. Try M105 with a mild pad like a Meguiar`s yellow pad and see if the scratches go away.

blk45
11-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree with the M105. Also, especially since you used yellow pads (the LC yellow) you might be installing some scratches of your very own.

Agreed. The yellow pad is not a good choice. The purple foamed wool works very well with 105 and will finish much better than the yellow pad. IP is not very aggressive, so you will probably need to step it up.

Accumulator
11-22-2008, 12:37 PM
I always need ~4" pads on the PC to do any significant correction, so I`d start there- if you`re using larger pads I`d consider that the main problem.

Yeah, the M105 is *VERY* good stuff, so is 1Z Pasta Intensiv. Both work well with yellow/orange foam and PFW (in 3.5-4"). Sometimes it`s kinda surprising which pad works best, seems to depend on the paint and I don`t have any hard-and-fast recommendations :nixweiss

zaxjax
11-22-2008, 06:06 PM
SIP or M105

PFW pads are awesome for paint correction and being able to finish down properly