PDA

View Full Version : Tire Gel - Foam - Spray ?

maxi
11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Hello all members

What is the best way to make tires glossy in your opinion?

Chris@Optimum
11-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Hmm...sounds like you mean OTC stuff? I like a sprayer for even thin coats and a clean sheen, but not shiney look. I use Optibond tire gel or Top of the Line Best Dressed 1:1 shot thru a HVLP sprayer. If you like shiney and want OTC Meg`s hot shine gel or Black Magic Tire Wet (spray can).

maxi
11-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Hmm...sounds like you mean OTC stuff? I like a sprayer for even thin coats and a clean sheen, but not shiney look. I use Optibond tire gel or Top of the Line Best Dressed 1:1 shot thru a HVLP sprayer. If you like shiney and want OTC Meg`s hot shine gel or Black Magic Tire Wet (spray can).

I mean not only OTC . The best way for you ,easier for you , more flexible .

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Clearly one of the gel oil-based dressings is going to be the glossiest, longest lasting. I personally prefer the white water-based dressings to the greasy kid stuff.

maxi
11-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Clearly one of the gel oil-based dressings is going to be the glossiest, longest lasting. I personally prefer the white water-based dressings to the greasy kid stuff.

:soscared: Oil based-dressings. Is it safe to use on tires ?

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2008, 11:26 PM
The people who make them say so...I`m talking about things like Meguiar`s Endurance.

Chris@Optimum
11-20-2008, 11:31 PM
I keep a couple of solvent based dressings for trim and to punch up tires that have been curbed or soak up the water based stuff. I wouldn`t recommend it as your weekly stuff as it will dry out and deteriorate the rubber over time, but it is much shinier IMO. Like Setec, I prefer a water based...preferably with a UV inhibitor and good smell.

maxi
11-20-2008, 11:44 PM
I always use STP SON OF GUN ! Most people choose in my country . really good:xyxthumbs .

itried some gel Megs and turttle but I find it difficult to clean up tires next wash!

Is Silicon damage to tires? stp ,sprays tire

zymol said dont use spray contain silicon maybe iwill use naturle bannana:getdown

Such as what they are doing !!!!!! icant agree silcion destroy tire .

Inzane
11-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Huh... my two favorite tire dressings are neither a spray, gel or foam.

Zaino Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss and Poorboy`s Bold n` Bright are both LIQUID, that I POUR from the bottle onto my foam tire applicators.

:nixweiss

Dan
11-21-2008, 10:22 AM
No touch regular or AA foam. Shiney tires only look good good on low-pro tires and big wheels. IMO, nothing looks more corny than a 15" wheel with some huge (sidewall) tires that are greased up.

Junebug
11-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Who`s running 15`s? Seems like if the trend continues - we`ll be running 54" wagon wheels that stick out on the sides!

imported_Surfer
11-21-2008, 11:34 AM
If you want bling bling, AA Extreme Gel. One coat is a nice look but it will fool you as it takes a couple minutes to set and really shine. Back when I 1st used it I was like damn thats too matte looking, so quickly went over with another coat, ended up waaaaaaaaay to glossy, my tires were almost showing reflections on my truck lol

Dan
11-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Who`s running 15`s? Seems like if the trend continues - we`ll be running 54" wagon wheels that stick out on the sides!

Me...lol. And the dude down the road with the 6 foot spoiler made from home depot parts.