PDA

View Full Version : Kärcher K 3.47 M (Costco)

docrice
11-20-2008, 07:54 PM
I`ve read some threads here (and elsewhere) since I`m thinking of getting an electric pressure washer. I can always borrow my friend`s gas-powered 2400 Kärcher if I need to, but it`s too big to store in my 1-car garage, too loud, and too bulky to carry to the upstairs patios for cleaning. It seems the general consensus is that electric (typically Kärcher) models tend to fail within the year, or at least just outside the warranty period.

www.karcherresidential.com/en/pressurewashers.php (http://www.karcherresidential.com/en/pressurewashers.php)

I`m thinking of the 3.47 model from Costco, however, in hopes that Kärcher has gotten a bit wise from reading Internet reviews and improved their models (one can always try to be optimistic). I`m mostly concerned about doing wheel wells, undercarriage, and the occasional road mud streaks during winter road splashes. I`m also (but not too much) entertaining the idea of running it through the CRSpotless DIC-20 that I have.

Anyone try this particular model? If it breaks, I guess I could take advantage of Costco`s return policy at least.

Chris@Optimum
11-20-2008, 08:42 PM
I have two electric Karchers. One has a bad pump. I didn`t notice till it failed that they do NOT recommend using an extension cord. I used one on that unit from day one so I wouldn`t have to roll it up and it would stay clean. On the one that I did NOT use a extension cord with, it still works like the first day. I dunno if others starved theirs for power like I did, or if they had other issues, but head`s up on the cord.

Bigpikle
11-21-2008, 12:35 AM
I have a K3.99 (looks almost the same) bought 18 months ago, and used weekly for car washing (pre-rinse and foam etc), and today it died...:(

I wont be going for one again, as it seems mine lasted pretty well compared to many, and will get one with a brass pump and better quality internals, like a Kranzle or other semi-pro unit.