PDA

View Full Version : Chemical stains on powdercoat - help

evolutionvalet
11-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey guys,

I am in the UK and through a website I am on, I have gotten to know a guy called Ryan with a Dodge Ram. He is a US serviceman and is in the process of being stationed over here in the UK and then possibly further East...

As he is getting ready to ship out in a few weeks,he is getting his stuff together and he has had his truck cleaned by a `cheap detailer` and has been left with marks on his powdercoated bumpers and wheels.

I think that a TFR has been used with the wrong dilution rate (read dosent look like it was diluted at all) and has caused chemical burns on the surface of the powdercoat.

I have been asked for advice but its hard when I am 5000 miles away and only got this picture to go by

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/ryu1766/IMG_3834.jpg

Anyone got any ideas. The powdercoat is a matt finish with no clearcoat but has been baked on till it is hard apparently. I have advised to try an area on the back of the wheel (if it is powdercoated there) to see if a polish/compound will mark the surface before trying it on the front of the wheels and bumper.

Anyone else got any tips or can recommend anything.

Ryan is based in Augusta Georgia.

Cheers guys.

Kev...