PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Detailer: Supplies critique

Impreza06
11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get an opinion on my current supplies as well as recommendations on what I`m missing.

Going to go all out next year for sure since I now have a very suitable place to detail in =)

I currently have

PC7424

6" pads (2 yellow, 2 orange, 2 black, 2 white)

put in an order for some 4" lake country ccs (1 yellow, 2 orange, 2 white)

optimum compound

optimum polish

optimum poli-seal

menzerna SIP

menzerna FPII

menzerna micro-polish

Sonus sfx-1 and 2

Megs #16

P21S concours look

klasse-aio

megs gold wash

megs nxt-tech wax

some mothers and megs cleaner waxes (came with claybar kit)

megs claybar

misc. megs and mothers quick detailers

sonus detail spritz

303 aerospace protectant

mothers back to black (looking for a product to replace this)

mothers metal polish

megs endurance tire-shine

eagle one tire/rim cleaner

megs hot rims

poorboys natural look tire shine

CG`s grime reaper

SIG

tons of microfibers, general use,buffing,glass,polishing,waffle-weave drying towels (probably ~50ish)

I`m looking for a good undercarriage spray, a good tire cleaner, maybe some more waxes or a good sealant. Some brushes/misc supplies for engine bay/wheel well/door jamb work.

Anything else I`m missing or any products in general you guys think are MUST HAVE?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Showroom Shine
11-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Customers!

alowe
11-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Seems like a lot of different products that do the same thing.

Less
11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
You don`t seem to have a "pure" paint sealant like Klass SG, or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. But I would use up the Optimum Poli-Seal before you go and buy something else.

You didn`t list them, but I`m going to assume that you have a good setup of wash buckets, grit guards, wheel brushes, and wash mitts. A foam gun is a pretty awesome tool too.

Maybe some foam and/or microfiber applicators.

Glass cleaner

I would invest in a good halogen worklight setup.

Less
11-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Seems like a lot of different products that do the same thing.

I was thinking the same thing. I actually have the same problem with my own collection.

Impreza06
11-20-2008, 04:44 PM
You don`t seem to have a "pure" paint sealant like Klass SG, or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. But I would use up the Optimum Poli-Seal before you go and buy something else.

You didn`t list them, but I`m going to assume that you have a good setup of wash buckets, grit guards, wheel brushes, and wash mitts. A foam gun is a pretty awesome tool too.

Maybe some foam and/or microfiber applicators.

Glass cleaner

I would invest in a good halogen worklight setup.

Hey,

thanks for your input.

I actually do have a foam gun, forgot to list =)

Buckets - check

Brushes - check

Wash Mitts/Schmitt`s/grout sponges - check

I don`t really need a halogen set-up, I`m going to be doing my work after-hours at my work (I work at a quick oil-change/lube place) that has overhead halogens set-up =)

I was thinking the same thing. I actually have the same problem with my own collection.

I never really noticed =P

What am I missing/would you recommend then?

Any recommendations on good sealants? I`ve actually been looking into picking up something along those lines.

Thanks for all the comments/input. And for the person who said customers, I`m not really looking at that just yet. It`s more of a personal thing/hobby. I`d likely just stick to my car, family members and maybe a few close friends.

Thanks again

-Kevin

rbruditt
11-24-2008, 07:33 PM
I actually like meg`s 23 or 22. I forget which number they use...