PDA

View Full Version : Foamer for Karcher?

trueimage
11-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Anyone use this with decent results?

http://www.pressureparts.com/Pressure-Part-6964507.aspx

Karcher Detergent Foamer Attachment

Ideal for applications which require a thick foam. Simply fill the resevoir cup with liquid pressure washer detergent to generate a foam spray. Connects directly to the trigger gun. Fits most Karcher pressure washers up to 2300 PSI. (bayonet)

I`m looking for the 80/20 rule here... or even a 60/20 rule haha

I can`t justify $100 US plus shipping for the Cam Spray Foamer with the two attachments required for my pressure washer.

If this Karcher one really is total garbage then are there any other options?

Chris@Optimum
11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
It`s about the same as the Gilmour from a non pressurized hose. I have the Gilmour, the one above, and the CamSpray. I can honestly say that the CamSpray is completely worth it! Hell, if you want the little yellow one, I will sell you mine for $15 plus shipping and you can save another $5, hehe..

BigAl3
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
search " foam cannon " & " foam lance " lots of info...

BigAl3
11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
If this Karcher one really is total garbage then are there any other options?

depends on what you`re looking to do. do you want to only pre-soak and pressure wash? or do you want (foam gun) to pre-soak and be able to use it while you`re washing?

BTW... if you search " foam cannon " & " foam lance " there is lots of info as well...

trueimage
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Hahah

I might take you up on that!

I am not looking to detail other people`s cars, only my own. And I don`t even know how much I will be using a foamer since I am going to try to follow in ScottWax`s footsteps and use ONR.

I`m just wondering if for 1/5th of the price, is it even 1/3 as good? Or not even worth the $20.

Chris@Optimum
11-19-2008, 01:55 PM
It is good, but made very flimsy. the tank has a 1/2 twist instead of threads, so you can`t put a bigger bottle on it. the pickup tube kept sucking air when mine was new so I had to modify it. The foam doesn`t dwell long enough for you to make your way all the way around the vehicle without some of it drying. But, all in all I guess it`s worth the price. The only thing to consider is if you will still be wanting a CamSpray down the road, you will have paid 95 fot it plus the 20 for the one to tide you over. I`d save my money for the Cannon, JMHO

Also, the CamSpray site offers FREE SHIPPING and the site you mentioned doesn`t. There`s another $8-10, and listen, I have a 20% off coupon code they gave me after my purchase. I have looked over the site and don`t need it. If you will actually use it I will give it to you. If not, anyone else who wants it can PM me. That knocks the price from $85 to $67. You will still have to buy the adapters from the other site, but they are on sale too. I think they are only $5 ea. now and I paid $6.50 just last week...Let me know.