PDA

View Full Version : help with headlight polishing

blustang05
11-17-2008, 11:30 PM
hello

I have a 05 mustang. When i bought the car i pulled the headlights out and had the interior bucket painted to match the car, like the 05 Roush Mustang. Low and behold i hit a deer last week destroying the drivers headlight. The body shop wanted no part in pulling apart the new headlight so i had to do it. The Originals came apart a lot easier then the new ones. Ford changed the glue to more of a epoxy like stuff. After awhile i finally got it apart but not with out putting 2 scratches on the inside of the lens. I have wet sanded them out and am buffing it with PlastX with limited success i have it wet sanded down to 1500 and then hitting it with the PlastX. I will buy some 2000 tomorrow and try again. I was wondering if should put on a wax or sealant. I know some people use klasse AIO on there headlights as do i. Or am i asking for trouble putting any thing on the inside of the lens?

A guy that works in our shop is a model builder Star Trek and such. He is telling me to put Future Floor Wax on it it will hide the scratchs and protect the lens

what do you guys think

thanks