PDA

View Full Version : Water Spot

JSFM35X
11-17-2008, 06:13 PM
The weather in NY has been nasty and cold since mid last week. I am a true weekend car man. i only have time to wash or wax or seal or correct (use this last one loosly) on the weekends. I am at work early and late.

Since I got the car (Black) I have managed to wash it every weekend so far. I have 3 layers of Ultima Paint Guard Plus on the car. Look good even without washing this week. Nothing sticks, I hosed it off Sunday just to get some junk off the lower pannels and the wheel wells. Most of the car released and dirt. Paint looked good.

The only issue I have is water spots. When the H2O evaporates the minerals are left behind amd leave a white ring. Is there something I can spray on the car and hose off to remove them? I have clayed them off in the past but that is a PITA and I do not want to remove any protection b/c I think its as good as its gonna get b4 the winter. Wanted to add 1 more UPGP but, it is too cold up here. I am told you need 40 degrees for the sealant to bond properly.

So any advise on water spots that don`t remove or damage the sealants?

Thanks

MBurnickas
11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Silly question but have you tried straight washing your car?

MBurnickas
11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
You need to dry your car if you don`t use a mineral remover on your hose. The good news is that generally speaking you wont get those rings with rain water, unless you have acid rain. But city`s add minerals to treated water and others get their water from wells which contain minerals, so the stuff that comes out of your hose is the danger.

JSFM35X
11-18-2008, 06:59 AM
You need to dry your car if you don`t use a mineral remover on your hose. The good news is that generally speaking you wont get those rings with rain water, unless you have acid rain. But city`s add minerals to treated water and others get their water from wells which contain minerals, so the stuff that comes out of your hose is the danger.

OK, I guess by hosing off the rain, I caused some of the mess. Wont do that again.