PDA

View Full Version : Help! My Porsche paint destroyed???

atta
11-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Its cold here in Norway. The Boxster has been sitting in my driveway for a few months now without beeing driven. I decided it was time for it to be put inside for the winter (I don`t have a garage for it, so I rent space in the winter). It has been raining for weeks now, but today the weather was quite nice (except for heavy wind) so I decided to give the car a quick wash. It has been sitting on the same spot since I last washed it, but it gets a little dirty from all the rain so I thought I would give it a clean. So I sprayed it down with water, washed it with Meguiars Gold Wash and Meguiars microfiber wash mitt. Den i squirted some Turtle Wax "wax it wet" that I had laying around (never used on this car before). When I dried it (Meguirars water magnet microfiber towel) i noticed a lot of spots on it. To me it looked like they developed while I inspected the car, but they could have been there before I started washing the car - I did not inspect it closely.

I has a LOT of spots all over the car, and it looks that some are dips into the paint and some are (light in color) raised. :cry:

I tried Meguiars quick detailing, then Autoglym Super Resin Polish and finally a clay bar - but it had no effect on the spots!!

What could have caused this.. ?? And can I get it off (does not look to promising) or do I need to get the car resprayed?? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

See attached picture.

Atle

http://dmxo.com/paint.jpg