PDA

View Full Version : Getting a good chuckle from all the hype?

Dan
11-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Anyone else get a good laugh out of all the hype when a new wax comes out? Its been a while since I`ve been back to the forum, maybe a year? I`m happy with my #21, #26, and #845. Sure I`ve got a whole box of other LSPs, but those are the ones I keep coming back to. Some days, I wonder if I shouldn`t just ditch everything and use #845.

longdx
11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
The problem for me is that I like to experiment with new products. I have my old standbys; Collinite 845, Klasse AIO, etc but I like to test other products to see if they live up/fall down to the hype.

Robb
11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I usually wait for the durability reviews and then I test it out myself http://1person1million.com/img/149/r08c1006bidc/biggrin.gif

pattieman
11-11-2008, 04:11 PM
When you get older I guess you like to try new stuff, $$$$ really isn`t a factor anymore. Its like being married 40 years, look but don`t touch doesn`t apply any more. Being a dirty old man, PM

Cleaning Fool
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I chuckle more as wax prices continue to go higher and higher. Just like when the UDM machine came out. Hype city, everyone ran for it. I`m not touching any machine in the first year of production. My discipline/ theory saved me again.

Scottwax
11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I find myself going back to Carnauba Moose and Opti-Seal after trying new stuff. Personally, I prefer to put the effort into a swirl free finish.

imported_rydawg
11-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I have tried so many products out there and have been very disapointed with many.

When it comes to perfection with top results I always come back to my personal favorites, Zaino and Collinite. They both do an amazing job on protecting my precious work and my customers are all VERY AMAZED by the both of them.

I still do like trying new stuff... I guess it`s just a disease.

Scottwax
11-11-2008, 10:06 PM
I still do like trying new stuff... I guess it`s just a disease.

Same here. Having a couple really good go-to products doesn`t mean I don`t try other stuff. The Migliore waxes I`ve been trying for example. Look great and seem to be reasonably durable. If only they were on and off easier. Ease of use is a big deal to me, so I use those waxes when I have time to deal with any smearing I might get on removal. Fuzion is real nice too.

imported_bigfoot
11-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Actually, now that I see this thread, it reminded me that I have waaaaayyy too many waxes for what I really use, so I might be getting rid of some, either by selling them, or most probably, a trade.

Blade9
11-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I must confess too. I have too many products than I actually need. It`s a disease, just like my NAS (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome) and my GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome). Oh well...

wannafbody
11-12-2008, 08:51 AM
It seems to me as if the hype has fallen off the last year or so. It seems as if the same manufacturers keep reintroducing the same product V1, V2, V3 that people just start to ignore the marketing. It seems as if the over the top marketing claims just started turning people off.

Junebug
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I guess it`s human nature to want to see if there is something better out there. I have a good friend that I trade detailing products with all the time - clearly 50% or more of the time we disagree on stuff - he likes FK 1000P, I didn`t, and so on.

wytstang
11-12-2008, 11:02 AM
I`ve backed off from wanting to newest thing out. There is only one product I want to try and it`s not the newest thing out CMW.

finalfinish
11-12-2008, 11:12 AM
I just get to the point where it`s hard to believe companies actually market and manage to sell a jar of wax that may at most be worth a hundred bucks for thousands of dollars. I mean do Zymol and Swissvax actually mean that their waxes contain 71 and 76 percent by total volume in the jar carnauba? I never understood that. To me, that seems like it would create a wax too difficult to work with to be worth while. The total cost of a wax like that is probably close to maybe 50 bucks, right? I need to start a company like all of these goofs. Any interest in a decently priced high end wax company? I know a few chemists. Melting this stuff and mixing it isn`t too difficult. Maybe I could offer a cheap container with bulk high end waxes to detailers, and a nicer packaging to sell in stores and online etc. I think I have just inspired myself.