PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veterans Day to all that Serve!

Old Pirate
11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
To all who serve past and present. Had the pleasure to do 20yrs on active duty USAF ...:usa

heatgain
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
I served 4 years:usa, and I have to work today!! This is the thanks I get? :sosad

The good news is: Holiday pay today! :getdown

Happy Veterans Day to all our brave veterans.

Thanks.

MSOsr
11-11-2008, 08:26 PM
I did 6 years 2 months and 9 days in the Air Force (1968-74). I`m as proud of that as anything I`ve done in my life.

Mike (the military turned my life around...in a good way)

MSOsr
11-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I served 4 years:usa, and I have to work today!! This is the thanks I get? :sosad

The good news is: Holiday pay today! :getdown

Happy Veterans Day to all our brave veterans.

Thanks.

Funny you should bring that up. Seventeen years ago, my secretary had a baby on October 31. She obviously was still out of work on November 11 but we had just merged with a national law firm.

On Veteran`s Day, she called me....the lawfirm had called her and asked her where I was. She called me at home and I told her, "It`s Veterans` Day... a holiday"; she laughed and said, "This firm doesn`t take Veterans` Day off!"

I thought Veterans` Day was as sacred as Christmas Day!

Now that I have my own firm, Veterans` Day, though not a holiday, is a day where we watch the parade go by and the firm buys lunch for everyone. Not a whole lot gets accomplished on this day.....but at least we stop and acknowledge the day.

I thank God everyday for the sacrifices of our military and their families.

Mike

I think that as soon as we finish buying out my old partner, we`ll make today an official firm holiday!

JohnHenry
11-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Semper Fi and OOORAAAH to every Jarhead around the world... especially to my grunt brethren who are downrange tonight.

:usa

Zoom, I`m in Denver. Call you when I get home.