PDA

View Full Version : Lusso Oro good for layering?

Lumadar
11-09-2008, 02:04 AM
I finally got around to playing with this stuff and just put a coat over a fresh coat of M21 2.0 after I let that cure for 12 hours.

I enjoyed the Lusso Oro application and removal.

I`m in an ambitious mood, and felt like adding one more layer of something...

What would you guys suggest on a bright red, clear coated finish?

Options:

M16 Paste

M26 Liquid

M21 2.0

OCW

Opti-Seal

Collinite 476 paste

Collinite 845 Liquid

(Others are cleaners, so obviously not going to apply)

Thanks! :2thumbs:

Wasatch
11-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Put another layer of Lusso Oro on.

stiffdogg06
11-09-2008, 07:37 AM
I hate when people put umpteen layers of different LSP`s on. Just put another coat of Lusso.

Lumadar
11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I got impatient and did another layer of Lusso Oro anyway.

As for why I wanted to possibly use a different final LSP, I have read complaints and seen pictures of the Lusso beading and wasn`t impressed. I might just try UQD and see if that does the trick.

stiffdogg06
11-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I got impatient and did another layer of Lusso Oro anyway.

As for why I wanted to possibly use a different final LSP, I have read complaints and seen pictures of the Lusso beading and wasn`t impressed. I might just try UQD and see if that does the trick.

Lusso looks like it beads descent in that thread...:cooleek:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/113096-presidential-detailed-2007-bmw-328i.html

Lumadar
11-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Lusso looks like it beads descent in that thread...:cooleek:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/113096-presidential-detailed-2007-bmw-328i.html

I guess I`m picky, but not to me.

Notice the beading on the glass and chrome...looks the same, right? Doubt those areas were waxed...at least not to the same extend if they were (which I doubt).

I often see people posting "beading pics" and I look at the beading on the windows and it is exactly the same as the paint...that to me says the beading is nothing special.

As for that pic, and the others I have seen I see too much fine mist type beading...rather than gathering. Also, on vertical surfaces there is far too much cling for my tastes.

I guess I`m just spoiled and used to beading from M16 and UQD. :grinno:

Lumadar
11-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Well we got some rain tonight so I got to test out the beading first hand while driving and parked. I unfortunately have to say that I think my judgment from the other pictures was accurate- the beading just didn`t impress me.

Don`t get me wrong, it isn`t horrible, but it isn`t among the best either IMO.

I`m going to try a coat of OCW and UQD over it and see if it sheds the water off like it was with just M21 2.0 + OCW + UQD (I`m guessing so).