PDA

View Full Version : Prefered towels for ONR??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MCWD
11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I have been using a thick microfiber for washes using the ONR method. Do any of you have any specific towels that you feel outperform? I know people have suggested grout sponges for the cleaning, but lets get a good thread on towel preferences!! Thank you in advance!

:getdown

Blade9
11-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I`ve been using Cobra 530 Supreme with ONR, but lately with the fall season, my MF towels are catching a lot of leaves that are hard to remove, so I`ve tried a grout sponge this weekend and I`m loving it.

nrengle
11-06-2008, 09:50 PM
I actually have been using a MF Chenille mit for ONR and then a 530 for drying...

Scottwax
11-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I`ve been using the Meguiars Super Terry Towels (not sure if they are still available) for the first drying pass and the orange Vroom (Target) towels for the final drying pass. On cars with softer paint, I use the Monster Fluffy MF for the first drying pass.

WhosRich
11-07-2008, 02:06 AM
not to doubt you scott, but i was under the impression that terry towels cause scratches? i like to use danase phat towel.

Lumadar
11-07-2008, 02:52 AM
not to doubt you scott, but i was under the impression that terry towels cause scratches? i like to use danase phat towel.

Long, long ago...in a galaxy before microfiber was known there was nothing better than cotton terry towels :grinno: No, but seriously...a quality, soft terry towel is perfectly fine for paint.

pattieman
11-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Here`s a site that might be interesting.

RagLady.com Online Store - Online Store (http://www.raglady.com/)

dublifecrisis
11-07-2008, 07:52 AM
MF Mitts for the wash and guzzler WW for drying, then 530 for whatever finishing step I decide on (OID, AW etc)

I have a few grout sponges but never tried them with ONR.

Guess I need to experiment and try the GS as well as a good soft MF towel.

nrengle
11-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Back in the day I used to use cloth baby diapers since they didn`t lint like a terry towel could. The looks I got when I`d go pick up like 10 3 packs was quite funny.

Scottwax
11-07-2008, 06:12 PM

The Meguiar`s Super Terry towels are very soft and have a decently thick nap. They hold up well too, the ones I have are two years old or so and been washed probably twice a week since I got them. I wish I could find more.

MCWD
11-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Here`s a site that might be interesting.

RagLady.com Online Store - Online Store (http://www.raglady.com/)

Raglady... haha, that is what I call my mom once a month! Thanks for the site. I hope you got a laugh.

:har:

twitch
11-08-2008, 11:16 PM
The Meguiar`s Super Terry towels are very soft and have a decently thick nap. They hold up well too, the ones I have are two years old or so and been washed probably twice a week since I got them. I wish I could find more.

I wish I could find more of these too! I picked up a similiar towel that is made by Viking hoping that it would be just as good. Unfortunately the only thing the Viking towel has in common with the Meg`s Terry is that they are both white. The Viking terry is very "scratchy" feeling, thinner, and not near as soft as the Meg`s towel.

BigAl3
11-08-2008, 11:34 PM
I wish I could find more of these too! I picked up a similiar towel that is made by Viking hoping that it would be just as good. Unfortunately the only thing the Viking towel has in common with the Meg`s Terry is that they are both white. The Viking terry is very "scratchy" feeling, thinner, and not near as soft as the Meg`s towel.

yeah, the new megs/viking terry towels are a little rough for my liking as well and unfortunately, the old ones are discontinued. when i last went to pepboys, they had some terry towels that are just like the old megs but made by a different company...

Harold97
11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Can I still blot my car dry with an absorber if I use ONR? I have a black car that I have managed not to mar after an extensive correction, and do not like dragging anything on the paint.

BigAl3
11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Can I still blot my car dry with an absorber if I use ONR? I have a black car that I have managed not to mar after an extensive correction, and do not like dragging anything on the paint.

go to your local kragen and pick up the viking microfiber drying towel or target and get the vroom microfiber drying towel. both are soft and one towel will work for the whole car...