PDA

View Full Version : Loking to do a large vinyl/leather dying project.

MongooseGA
11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
I began to "dye" the interior of my Lexus this Summer to freshen up the look. The car has tan leather with the dash, window trim, pillars, etcetera being a hideous dark brown. The plan is to dye all brown sections black for a nicer look.

The product I used was an aerosol called SEM. It went on nicely (however, requiring me to remove the parts from the car) and looked great initially. The materials did have a bit of a still feel to them, but that`s sort of gone away with a bit of time.

The pieces I`m doing are vinyl, not leather. I`m assuming I can use the same products for them though?

My question is: If I were to refinish all of the potentially black pieces in the car, what is a good "wipe on" product that I can use? I`d like to avoid having to remove the dash completely. I just did about an hour of searching. Essentially, I`m looking for something similar to this product: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/90928-my-leather-dye-results.html

I also read that leatherique has a bit better of a reputation for this job. Not the RO or the PC, but the dying kits. The problem is, I can`t find the dying kits. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

MongooseGA
11-06-2008, 07:20 PM
No thoughts?