PDA

View Full Version : Which product for Pearl White?

MoreBoostPlease
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
My brother left one of his cars at my house while he`s away on business. It`s a Pearl White, 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. Overall the paint is in very good condition so no major polishing is needed, but regardless, here is everything on my shelf:

ZPC

Z2

Z5

ZAIO

ZCS

Z8

Opti PoliSeal

Optimum Spray Wax

SSR2.5

SSR1

Clearkote Red Moose Glaze

Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze

Clearkote Canaube Moose Wax

Various QD`s: Z6, Poorboy`s Spray & Gloss, etc.

I`m sure there are others, but I`m at work and can`t remember what I have. I`m very much looking forward to this because all of my own cars are black...and we all know how time consuming black paint can be...white will hopefully be easier. Thanks for the input!!

Envious Eric
11-05-2008, 11:56 AM
OPS/OCW

or

RMG/CMW

Joel_MD
11-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I would go with either Red Moose Machine Glaze or mix up some Pink Moose (50/50 Red and Vanilla Moose Glazes), applying with a rotary and a soft pad, and then follow up with Carnauba Moose Wax. This won`t be the most durable but it will look damn good.

MoreBoostPlease
11-06-2008, 06:46 AM
I would go with either Red Moose Machine Glaze or mix up some Pink Moose (50/50 Red and Vanilla Moose Glazes), applying with a rotary and a soft pad, and then follow up with Carnauba Moose Wax. This won`t be the most durable but it will look damn good.

Unfortunately he`ll need the durability since the winter brings lots of snow/salt/etc. I actually mix up "pink" moose glaze for my black cars and top it with cmw(but that`s in the summer months).

I`m hoping something I already have will give him the durability needed while also making the pearl flake "pop".

Joel_MD
11-06-2008, 04:03 PM
If you need durability then go with Z5/Z2. Perhaps two coats of Z5 and then two of Z2. Good luck!

imported_sal329
11-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Out of the list you have there and with durability a concern. I would use Zaino. ZAIO, Z5, Z2x2 then a final wipe with Z8.

imported_Puckman
11-06-2008, 05:59 PM
ZPC

ZAIO

3 X Z2Pro

Next day either Z8 or ZCS.

imported_Dave1
11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
No polishing,.......?

Ok, RMG and CMW.........

If you were going to polish first.....then,

Z2 x 2......and ZCS followed by Z8.....

MoreBoostPlease
11-07-2008, 06:31 AM
I use ZFX with the Z2, would I still need to wait a day prior to applying the ZCS? Also, what is best for the aluminum wheels......Z2, ZAIO, or ZCS?

Thanks!