PDA

View Full Version : Who is "Natty"?

Inzane
11-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi, this may sound like a dumb question, but does anyone know WHO or what the name "Natty" refers to?

I am of course referring to Poorboy`s World line of paste waxes: Natty`s original, blue and red.

I just recently ordered a jar of the Red and got it in the mail yesterday, and it just made me think where on earth did the name of this product come from. :lol

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Setec Astronomy
11-05-2008, 12:10 PM
IIRC Natty Bumpo was the user name of one of the Poorboy`s forum members over at DC. When they were coming out with the wax, they had some sort of contest for the naming, and either the winner got the wax named after him, or "Natty`s" was the submitted entry that won.

stiffdogg06
11-05-2008, 12:51 PM
IIRC Natty Bumpo was the user name of one of the Poorboy`s forum members over at DC. When they were coming out with the wax, they had some sort of contest for the naming, and either the winner got the wax named after him, or "Natty`s" was the submitted entry that won.

Very cool to have your name on a detailing product.

I thought maybe it was short for the owner liking Natural Light Beer. :p

Labster
11-05-2008, 01:22 PM

I thought maybe it was short for the owner liking Natural Light Beer. :p

haha, he`s not a freshman or sop````re in college...lol

Inzane
11-05-2008, 01:39 PM

2nd. Very cool indeed. :2thumbs:

Joel_MD
11-05-2008, 06:43 PM
The main character in the Leatherstocking Tales of James Fenimore Cooper (such as Last of the Mohicans) was Natty Bumppo. Those books were written in the early 1800s, so he probably didn`t know squat about carnauba waxes.

Setec Astronomy
11-05-2008, 07:20 PM
This will add a little more to the story: New Paste Wax is here - DetailCity.org - Auto Detailing & Car Care Forum (http://www.detailcity.org/forums/poorboysworld-com-sponsored-forum/2096-new-paste-wax-here.html)

thom
11-05-2008, 10:40 PM
natty bumpo is a friend of steve of poorboys world.I still have the 10 oz wax in the muppets tin im my fridge:hifive: