PDA

View Full Version : Dye Black Leather Red?

chromecarz00
11-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

My friend has an 04 G35 sedan with black leather and wants to dye it red...is this hard to do, is it even possible, and is leatherique the best option if so?

Thanks

Quality Leather
11-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes, it is possible but I wouldn`t recommend it. It will be quite a job. If he wants to go ahead and do it, then don`t go with Leatherique. Give LRT a call. They are an OEM spec leather coating and it is probable that you are sitting on their products already.

judyb
11-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Yes it is possible but depends on how much experience you have had and your choice of products as to what results you get. Most DIY kits will give a very poor finish and amy have adhesion problems. Using a professional product and if all preparation is done to the letter you can get very effective results.

The leather needs to be in good condition (no deep cracks etc) and you need to use pigments rather than dyes. Make sure you use a system that is professionally used for restoration work rather than tannery products as these tend to give the best results and always add a clear coat finsih to the job.

Have some pictures of black to red that we did not long ago but I don`t think I will be allowed to post them as it will be construed as advertising.

chromecarz00
11-06-2008, 01:39 AM
any links that you can direct me to?

and if i ask for it is it still advertsing?

backwoods_lex
11-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Those would be great to see.