PDA

View Full Version : Weird washing issue, please help.

Costco
11-04-2008, 09:30 AM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/Jeremiah1987/PA212066.jpg?t=1225813381

Whats up people, i have had this one particular issue for a while now and i cant seem to figure it out. Its been raining here lately in Northern California (Bay Area) for the past few days and this morning i decided to wash my Civic since according to the weather, we will be rain free all week. Now i always wash my car early in the morning around 6 a.m. so there is no sun out/temperature is low and cold. I hose down the entire car and attack each section at a time (from top to bottom) with my sheepskin wash mitt, in between panels i go to my 2nd bucket with the grit guard to wring out all the dirt/particles. Now everything lathers up nicely and i get a good foam, after im down scrubbing the car with gentle loving care, i hose her down and proceed to dry. Bear in mind when i do the final rinse i let the water "sheet" off the car by using just the hose (no nozzle). Heres my problem, as the car drys i still see a light film of dirt on the side body panels, and im like what the heck....i just washed this car real good in the bloody cold morning with no sun and i get this dirt here still, what the heck!? Anybody have this issue? By the way, this only happens to me when im cleaning my car/aunt`s TL (i have the same problem with her car) after it has rained. If it hasnt rained and then i wash my car/aunt`s car in the morning following routine protocol, no left over dirt/film is to be found. Im just puzzled at why this is happening, input is appreciated.

JohnKleven
11-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Spraywax the car after washing, should take care of it.

John

David Fermani
11-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Bad water supply?

Holden_C04
11-04-2008, 11:07 AM
It sounds to me like road grime. If that`s what it is, you should apply a mild citrus degreaser to the lower half of the vehicle before beginning your hand wash. The shampoo solution will be much too mild to remove road grime.

Eliot Ness
11-04-2008, 11:35 AM
It sounds to me like road grime. If that`s what it is, you should apply a mild citrus degreaser to the lower half of the vehicle before beginning your hand wash. The shampoo solution will be much too mild to remove road grime.Yep, sounds like tough road grime or some kind of film your car wash didn`t/couldn`t cut through.

Something like Holden recommends or even a different/stronger wash mix (or perhaps Dawn) might help cut it. When was the last time you clayed and applied a LSP (wax or sealer)? The healthier your LSP the easier it is to shed dirt when washing.

Costco
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Bad water supply?

It sounds to me like road grime. If that`s what it is, you should apply a mild citrus degreaser to the lower half of the vehicle before beginning your hand wash. The shampoo solution will be much too mild to remove road grime.

Yep, sounds like tough road grime or some kind of film your car wash didn`t/couldn`t cut through.

Something like Holden recommends or even a different/stronger wash mix (or perhaps Dawn) might help cut it. When was the last time you clayed and applied a LSP (wax or sealer)? The healthier your LSP the easier it is to shed dirt when washing.

1. ill look into the water, thanks for the input

2. yeah but its not that bad...but i guess after the car has been rained on that is what the road grime is...but its not like heavy caked on mud or anything like that. Ill look into the citrus degreaser, that sounds like a good idea.

3. Thanks for the input guys, last time i applied Klasse AIO (polish/prep) and Klasse SG (sealant) was about 3 weeks ago.

*Whats LSP?

kohl_mascara
11-05-2008, 08:07 PM
1. ill look into the water, thanks for the input

2. yeah but its not that bad...but i guess after the car has been rained on that is what the road grime is...but its not like heavy caked on mud or anything like that. Ill look into the citrus degreaser, that sounds like a good idea.

3. Thanks for the input guys, last time i applied Klasse AIO (polish/prep) and Klasse SG (sealant) was about 3 weeks ago.

*Whats LSP?

LSP: Last Step Product. . .like what Eliot Ness mentioned, it`s a wax or sealent that offers protection with minimal to zero cleaning after =)

TSIBrian
11-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I`ve had the same problem with certain wash solutions. I`ve washed with dawn and gotten everything off with no problems, on bare paint with no lsp. On the same car I washed it with TW zip wash, was given to me for free thought I would try it, there was still dirt left behind. Not to mention it had 2 coats of upgp and a coat of 476 on it at the time.

I`m not saying you should wash with dawn as it will strip your lsp but maybe try a different

shampoo or try a stronger concentration wash.

Costco
11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
LSP: Last Step Product. . .like what Eliot Ness mentioned, it`s a wax or sealent that offers protection with minimal to zero cleaning after =)

I`ve had the same problem with certain wash solutions. I`ve washed with dawn and gotten everything off with no problems, on bare paint with no lsp. On the same car I washed it with TW zip wash, was given to me for free thought I would try it, there was still dirt left behind. Not to mention it had 2 coats of upgp and a coat of 476 on it at the time.

I`m not saying you should wash with dawn as it will strip your lsp but maybe try a different

shampoo or try a stronger concentration wash.

thanks for the input everyone.