PDA

View Full Version : Canopy/Pop Up Tent

stiffdogg06
11-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I`m sure this has come up before but can`t come up with any "good" deals or threads covering this

I am looking for a canopy or pop up tent that is 10`x10` or 10`x12` tent that has a cover that can go down the sides that possibly can be removed or rolled up?

Thanks for the helps guys!

Holden_C04
11-03-2008, 06:19 PM
EZ-Up Canopies

Pros

Solid, quality units

Cons

Expensive

Want something cheaper? Me too. I went out and bought a copycat and it had to be returned 3 times. It only stopped breaking because I lost the receipt to return the last broken one.

If you dig up my Multi-Day Concours detail you will see the POS.

Setec Astronomy
11-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I can`t give you any specifics, but I got my EZ-Up a few years ago at season-end clearance at ****`s Sporting Goods (actually I think it was on here that I found out about the sale). Might be too late now, actually.

stiffdogg06
11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
ShelterLogicâ„¢ White Enclosure Kit-12 x 20 - Accessories at Canopy Center (http://www.canopycenter.com/accessories/side-wall-kits/shelterlogictradewhiteenclosurekit12x20.cfm)

That`s basically what i am looking for, but need a place to buy it from. I don`t think a place can get it shipped here before Friday.

Setec Astronomy
11-03-2008, 07:06 PM
What I was suggesting was that your local sporting goods stores may have these on clearance now, and you won`t have to wait for shipping, D i c k`s had the EZ-Up`s a few years ago.

stiffdogg06
11-03-2008, 07:09 PM
What I was suggesting was that your local sporting goods stores may have these on clearance now, and you won`t have to wait for shipping, D i c k`s had the EZ-Up`s a few years ago.

I will def. check it out tomorrow after work. :hifive:

Envious Eric
11-03-2008, 07:17 PM
I have a 12x12 quick shade and its impossible to put up alone...definitely need another set of hands.

that one you posted looks pretty neat if you are not breaking it down and putting it up every detail.

stiffdogg06
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I have a 12x12 quick shade and its impossible to put up alone...definitely need another set of hands.

that one you posted looks pretty neat if you are not breaking it down and putting it up every detail.

No way. It`d be used for detailing and storing my car from the weather. It wouldn`t come down unless there were high winds.

Eliot Ness
11-04-2008, 08:27 AM
............I am looking for a canopy or pop up tent that is 10`x10` or 10`x12` tent that has a cover that can go down the sides that possibly can be removed or rolled up?............
No way. It`d be used for detailing and storing my car from the weather. It wouldn`t come down unless there were high winds.Since you don`t intend to be moving this around the tent you have linked will serve your needs better than an EZ-Up. An EZ-Up is nice because the frame folds up into one section for easier moving/set-up, but that frame is not as stout as the tent in your links.

A friend who sets up as a vendor at car shows has the style tent you`re looking at and while it does take two people to set it up it is a sturdier option than an EZ-Up. If I wanted a tent for a semi-permanent location that is what I`d buy over an EZ-Up style.

Another friend found an end-of-season copycat EZ-Up for $59 or $69 at either Wal-Mart or K-Mart last year up in Columbus, but like Setec mentioned I think you`ve missed the end-of-season sale for stuff like that. It (the tent) has served him well for the few times he has used it, but it isn`t enclosed nor near as sturdy as the other tent.

The friend that has the style tent shown in your link also lives in the Columbus area. I don`t think he bought it locally, but If I find out he did I`ll shoot you a PM with the location.

menace1930
02-24-2009, 09:40 AM
I know this is an old post but if anyone needs a canopy send me a message. I run Portable Garage Depot: Instant Temporary Portable Garages, Carports and Building Kits (http://www.portablegaragedepot.com) and can get some good prices on portable garages and canopies.

Showroom Shine
02-24-2009, 10:47 PM
****`s has all sizes,and the sides have to be purchased. Extra!

imported_mystic04
02-25-2009, 05:42 AM
i been looking at Pep boys at a 10x20 for about 100.00 you can buy drop down sides and also they have a weight set for the legs in case it gets windy. last thing you can also get a extenison kit to extend the sides out more, and a screen kit .

menace1930
02-25-2009, 09:12 AM
just be careful with those pep boys 10x20 canopies. Especially the ones in white color. The material is usually only a 5-7oz and the sun will eat right through it. I get calls all day long with customers looking for something heavier because a wind or even rain ripped theirs apart

imported_mystic04
02-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info. i don`t really plan on using it in the rain for anything nor heavy wind. Just wanted something to give me more shade on a warm /hot days when the garage is to hot.but ill keep that in mind.

menace1930
03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
You dont want this to happen especially with a customers car inside

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/menace1930/100_1678.jpg