PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for blue RSX please

cjv998
11-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I just bought an `04 Acura RSX Type S (Arctic Blue Pearl), and I`d like some product suggestions.

Touch-up paint: I have a small scratch on the front fender, and some chips in the hatch that need fixing. Can I just use touch-up paint (if so, where should I get it/what brands match up well) or should I get one of those paint chip correction kits (Langka makes them IIRC)?

Polish: The car has mild to moderate swirls (they look noticeably worse in person), and as far as I know, it`s all the soft factory paint. I have a PC, 6.5" orange CCS pads, and Hi-Temp Medium cut polish already. I`m not sure if this will get the level of correction I`m going after; I guess all I can do here is test it on a spot and see how it comes out.

Glaze and wax: I`d like a really deep look, that darkens the paint a bit. That being said, I don`t want the metallic flake to disappear completely; I`d still like to be able to see it. Durability isn`t a concern; I`m willing to re-apply wax once a month or so. Also, I don`t care about beading. I live in the desert, so the only time I really even notice beading is when I wash my car. So far, I`m thinking RMG followed by CMW, but I can`t seem to find anyone who`s used it on a blue car before. I know it looks great on black and red though, so I think I should be okay.

Headlights/tail lights/windshield: I could use something to polish the headlights and tail lights; so far it seems like ScratchX would be a simple solution. Also, it looks like the windshield has some pitting I`d like to take care of if I can.

Leather: I have Meguiar`s one-step leather care (in the red bottle, stuff that Walmart carries). However, this leaves a really slick surface, and I`d like something that doesn`t leave as much of a residue behind. Also, what can I use to treat the leather on the steering wheel without making it slick? I could also use a UV protectant (being in the desert, UV levels are usually pretty high). Can you use 303 on leather seats, or do most leather cleaners/conditioners provide adequate UV protection?

Anyway, here are a few pictures; thanks for the help!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/cjv998/PICT0133.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/cjv998/PICT0135.jpg