PDA

View Full Version : Does Danase SA1 need a finisher polish?

imported_RedlineIRL
11-01-2008, 10:33 PM
The last time I used the Danase polishes I used them on a faily new GM vehicle. I started with the Danase swirl abolisher 2 with a LC CCS 6.5" orange pad and then finished it with the Danase swirl abolisher 1 with a LC CCS 6.5" white pad. It turned out good for the most part, but I noticed in the right light it left some micromarring if you look at it close enough. I`m sure it wasn`t from not braking down the polish completely or moving to fast, maybe I was not using enough polish and the pad itself caused it. Anyways, have any of you all that have tried these polishes had to use a finer finishing polish? If so, what seems to work well.

imported_bigfoot
11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I think what you need is to apply it with an LC gray pad to make it finish down nice

imported_RedlineIRL
11-02-2008, 12:18 PM
I think what you need is to apply it with an LC gray pad to make it finish down nice

I`ll have to try that next time. Should I use SA1 on the white pad to gid rid of what the orage pad and SA2 left behind, or go straight to the SA1 with the gray pad?

I always thought that most people used LC CCS white pads with finishing polishes, are gray pads the way to go then?

Bunky
11-02-2008, 04:58 PM
I have used SA1 with a white pad and did not see any issues but then some paints are softer than others.

In my experiences with SA1, it has a quick working time with a UDM at speed 5. If you use too much, it does not break down properly and will leave hazing. This happened to me the first couple of tries. I do not use much pressure (just the weight on the machine plus enough to keep it flat) and work it slowly.