PDA

View Full Version : Gloss It review done by Polished Bliss!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Thomas Dekany
11-01-2008, 12:27 AM
If Clark likes the brand it must be really good.

Polished Bliss: Gloss-It UK Debut (Lotus Elise)... - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=91380)

BigAl3
11-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Clark and WX51 TXR are both top notch, it`s always a pleasure to see their thorough and precise work... :up

Pats300zx
11-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Interesting...it looks like Clark may be carrying the line as well...

gmblack3
11-01-2008, 06:04 AM
I`ve never seen a place that sells a product not like it......a lot.

Not saying that is the case here.

somebody
11-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks for sharing the thread, I might have to give gloss-it a try.

Brandon

Robb
11-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Interesting review http://1person1million.com/img/149/r08c1006bidc/biggrin.gif

WX51 TXR
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I`ve never seen a place that sells a product not like it......a lot.

Not saying that is the case here.

True, but it`s the places not using the products they sell hands on to earn a living that you have to watch. We work the other way around - if it tests well and we feel we can use the products to deliver the standards we wish to work too, then (and only then) do we decide to stock it. Makes good business sense, as the product sells itself based on its performance rather than our patter. :xyxthumbs

David Fermani
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Playing Devil`s Advocate in retrospect, many products (especially ones used on this site over the years) tend to "sell themselves" just because certain people decide to use them. It`s called "Flavor of the Month" and it doesn`t have to be a really good product sometimes either. Other than Clark, I haven`t noticed any other distinguished detailers having much to say about this line. I guess time will tell.....

dsms
11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Playing Devil`s Advocate in retrospect, many products (especially ones used on this site over the years) tend to "sell themselves" just because certain people decide to use them. It`s called "Flavor of the Month" and it doesn`t have to be a really good product sometimes either. Other than Clark, I haven`t noticed any other distinguished detailers having much to say about this line. I guess time will tell.....

True. But in reality very few distinguished detailers have tested these products themselves and the few that actually have tested the products seem to give rave reviews. In addition to Clarks recent work with testing and reviewing the products there is also Todd Helmes thread regarding the QD. I would consider Todd Helme to be quite a distinguished detailer and this is what he had to say about the gloss enhancer QD...

His quote after testing it thoroughly and comparing it to top competitors...

"GlossIt lived up to all of its claims and really embodies an amazing all around product in a ridiculously easy to use package. Simply the best QD I have ever used."

2 of the best in the business seem to say good things.

David Fermani
11-11-2008, 09:53 PM
So, (to keep this into perspective), out of all the free entire product line samples your friend sent out to several people around the world, there`s been 1 person praising them and another liking the QD.

imported_rydawg
11-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I also do have the products to test when I get a chance to test them. I have been busy with a few collectors cars lately so testing is totally out of the question. When I get a chance to get a good test car and put them to the test, I will report back.

dsms
11-11-2008, 11:05 PM
So, (to keep this into perspective), out of all the free entire product line samples your friend sent out to several people around the world, there`s been 1 person praising them and another liking the QD.

With all do respect you and I have no idea how many samples were sent out, so if your trying to make a claim like "Well only 1 or 2 out of 100 like the products" then it doesnt seem feasible. And as far as you saying "another liking the QD", well that "another" happens to be one of, if not the most respected detailer on this forum and the 1 person "praising" is another extremely well respected and talented detailer from the UK who is now gaining global recognition for his work. Todd tried not 1 but several products from the Gloss It line including the leather cleaners and sealants and says that he really likes or he has deemed them the best hes ever used (referring to the QD and leather products)...as in clearly the products are of a high quality and perform as good as or better than the best stuff on the market right now. I can say the same for both Clark and Rich of Polished Bliss, who will soon carry the entire line of product and use it on all of their details. And this is only after they had thoroughly tested and experimented with them. Im not here to argue or convince you of anything David, but again you personally have never tried the products so its tough to comment on their performance or claims. Just because few people you know of use a certain product doesnt mean they are not quality. I do not want this to turn into a bashing match and I hope there is no hard feelings here. I simply am standing by a product line I believe in.

Todd@RUPES
11-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Certainly my opinion is no more valuable then anybody elses. Brian Brice hates the QD for what is worth and I value his opinion greatly. Some people like products and some people don`t and if there was a best of anything we would all use it. We all have different tastes and everybody has just as much right to like what they like as the next person. It actually grows tiresome to hear things I have said in an attempt to market a product, over and over, from different people on different forums.

Just because I think something is good doesn`t mean that somebody else will... However Lake Country Gold pads are the best ;)

NSXTASY
11-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Lake Country Gold pads are the best ;)

Quoted for future defense of product as a testament of said product`s greatness. They must be outstanding TH said so ;)

imported_ZimRandy
11-12-2008, 08:01 AM
I simply am standing by a product line I believe in.

Many of your posts are like a Shamwow infomercial for Gloss it. Do you sell the product? :nervous:

Sorry, but this makes the Zaino Zealots seem kind of mellow, IMHO. :lol

Randy