PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401

runnerbl
10-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Is the Flex 3401 still a hot item to get? I know the UDM was but then the enthusiasm fell off and some disappointment set in. Are there users out there that regret purchasing the FLEX? I have been wanting one and can now get it new for around $230 shipped. I have a PC that I currently use.

What pads would be recommended to get for the flex? How much faster does it work than the PC?

Thanks in advance.

CynCarvin32
10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I am in the same position as you. I am here looking to see if I should get a flex 3401 or if I should get teh Miketa combo straight drive and random orbital.

I am leaning towards the flex but I am not sure.

I guess my only fear is that I should Jump from the PC to the real straight drive buffer and skip the Flex all together. What do people think about this issue?

Where are you looking to get the flex that cheap? If I can get that price I think I am done looking and will go with the Flex.

If you do not want to post here in the thread could you please PM me the info?

Thanks.

Lumadar
10-29-2008, 12:45 AM
I have a FLEX, G110, and a Makita 9227...they definitely all have a place in my arsenal.

The FLEX is a great way to get used to the concept of a rotary without being quite as risky (hologram risk nearly non existent).

Junebug
10-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Depends on what your needs are. If you are detailing a few cars on the side, then a PC or G110 would do fine, a Flex is a really great tool and much faster than the PC. A rotary is not the paint destoyer some fear, but, it`s not to be taken lightly. It can do paint corrections faster, but, there is a higher learning curve and you have to take steps like taping up trim, covering places that you don`t want polishing splater to get in, being careful on edges, etc. I had one and sold it, I have the Flex now. For me and the type of details I do (1,maybe 2 steppers) it was easier to use the Flex and the time saved by skipping the prep step made up any savings the rotary gave.

CynCarvin32
10-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I ordered my Flex last night. I was just tired of the PC as it does not cut fast enough to keep my black car and track car looking perfect. It works but I wanted something with more power.

I am sure I could handle the straight drive buffer but I dont wan to add that time for additional steps.

Hopefully I will like the product.

wfedwar
10-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I like the Flex. I just do my own cars, though. If I did this for a living, I`d go with the rotary for speed.

runnerbl
10-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Detailers Domain has 25% off all their products so it made purchasing the Flex a good deal. All other places I have seen don`t allow discount codes to work with the Flex. That has been the case at DD but I guess them moving to a new location makes them want to not move all their inventory.

Vintage
10-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Detailers Domain has 25% off all their products so it made purchasing the Flex a good deal. All other places I have seen don`t allow discount codes to work with the Flex. That has been the case at DD but I guess them moving to a new location makes them want to not move all their inventory.

Is there a coupon code that`s required?

mrgoochio
10-29-2008, 07:58 PM
25% off the flex is a great deal..

fbirdquik6
10-30-2008, 07:07 AM
anyone have this 25% off code?!?

Autogeek
10-30-2008, 07:22 AM
I love my Flex. It`s still my favorite polisher.