PDA

View Full Version : DEGREASER! Crap

nqsilverado
09-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I sprayed Castrol Degreaser :realmad: on my Eagle Alloys and it left them looking like crap. It took away the shine and they look very dull. I tryed NeverDull and it works somewhat but i was wondering if there are any other chemicals out there that will help shine my wheels back to normal. Thanks

joyriide1113
09-21-2005, 12:09 PM
get a flitz ball or one of the mjothers powerballs that u attach to a drill. get some power metal polish and let it go. its a million times faster than doing it by hand.

go here and look in the "power" category.

im pretty sure u can find one of those near by. i see mine at pepboys and advance all the time.

http://www.mothers.com/products/

Antonio Waxer
09-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Did you read the label and warnings :nuke: It probably clearly states that it is not for aluminum or uncoated surfaces :exclaim:

Jngrbrdman
09-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Getting engine degreaser on aluminum or polished wheels is a sure fire way to really make them look like crap quick. There are chemicals in some cleaning products that do not react well to aluminum and can destroy the surface.

Beemerboy
09-21-2005, 05:02 PM
I have had this happen in the passed and I use PB pro-polish by hand its not as good as using a rotary or the power ball that`s been talked about.....Don`t worry it will come out