PDA

View Full Version : Paint Harness or Softness

JSFM35X
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
How would I know if the paint on a Black 2008 M35X is hard, soft or average? I would appreciate it if someone can tell me.

Does this site have a chart anywhere?

Thanks,

Jeff

imported_Ivan Rajic
10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
You have to try polishing it.

BigAl3
10-23-2008, 01:49 PM
you`ll have to do a small test spot...

JSFM35X
10-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I have not reference point. I have begun polishing the car and I see that I can correct the marring. buy I need know how nuts I have to get, not to re-infect the car.

imported_Ivan Rajic
10-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I have not reference point. I have begun polishing the car and I see that I can correct the marring. buy I need know how nuts I have to get, not to re-infect the car.

What have you done so far and what marring did you correct, what you caused or what was there? In any case, you should just go and polish a few sections with something not too aggressive, like 106ff/white pad, and see where it takes the paint... start with the least aggressive method and move up...

JSFM35X
10-23-2008, 05:55 PM
What have you done so far and what marring did you correct, what you caused or what was there? In any case, you should just go and polish a few sections with something not too aggressive, like 106ff/white pad, and see where it takes the paint... start with the least aggressive method and move up...

I purchased a Black Infiniti in August. Paint was inspected by me and it looked really good. At that time i was unaware of fillers. As I washed the car, more and more swirls became evident. I thought I was making the swirls. I was told to dawn wash the car (on this board), and re build by polishing and applying a few coat of sealant/wax.

When I dawned the car, all the filler was removed and I saw all the CRAP. Freaked me out! polished with Optimum SMR, them Paint guard prep then UPGP. Took at 90-95% but i want more perfection and I am not sure if I need more time to work polish or maybe more passes or a more agressive polish.

Now what.