PDA

View Full Version : Haven`t been on in FOREVER. Any of the old crew still on here?

Pages : [1] 2

MongooseGA
10-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Just figured I`d stumble across the site. I haven`t been on since God knows when.

I wonder if any of the old members are still around? Setec? Holland Patrick? White95Max? Norah? Porknbeans? Scottwax?

DBC
10-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Setec and Scott are still around as well as myself even though you wont recognize me since i dont post much if any at all. As far as Holland, Norah, Max, Porknbeans go, I havent seen them at all if my memory serves me correctly.

Setec Astronomy
10-22-2008, 05:15 AM
GA!!! Wondered what happened to you! When you say "old members" I think you are mostly referring to the old "Autopia Chat" crowd. Patrick is around here and there, Maxy is engaged, so we don`t see him much anymore. Norah is a mod on a mfr.-specific forum and I haven`t seen her post here in a long time. I`d forgotten all about Pork n` Beans until you mentioned him, and Scott is still a fixture around here.

What have you been up to?

milani
10-22-2008, 06:17 AM
I wouldn`t consider myself part of "the old crew", but I went away for a while and now I`m back... I remember that Homer avatar...

boywonder
10-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Still here. :D

Wasatch
10-22-2008, 07:26 AM
I`m still here.

Thomas Dekany
10-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Are you still detailing?

Robb
10-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Ive been here a long time

Eliot Ness
10-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Hey GA, what have you been up to? Someone else on another board, might be in the UK, uses the same Avatar and it always makes me wonder what you`re up to. Didn`t you and your dad have a couple of old cars? Anyway welcome back and don`t be such a stranger.

Yes, there is a version 2 NXT and Optimum polish just came out with version 3...... that catches you up a little ;)

MongooseGA
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Wow! Good to see so many people remember me and are still active.

As for what I`ve been up to...

I made Eagle Scout, graduated High School in June, started wholesaling cars to make a killing, had a few really cool cars, started `seeing` a girl in ATL (as well as one in PA, and a few at home), and now I`m attending James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA as a marketing major.

I still have the Lexus SC400. Out of all of the cars I`ve owned (BMW 740iL, Acura 3.2 TL, TDI 5-speed Jetta, Ford Explorer Sport and Ford Taurus) it`s the only one I never intend to sell. Since I last posted pictures, the car has been lowered quite a bit and sits on 18x9" and 18x10" Saleen wheels, Tein SS suspension, has had the entire Nakamichi system replaced, HID conversion done, custom true dual exhaust system (sounds excellent) and I`m in the process of converting all of the dark brown interior pieces to black to update the look of the guts.

I don`t really detail anymore. I worked for the dealership for 4 years and it just killed the job for me. I love it as a hobby, but not as a source of income. I haven`t actually bought a single product in well over a year. Once I start buying/selling more cars here at school and have a little more disposable cash, I might do so.

Setec Astronomy
10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
<sniff> How quickly they grow up! And I remember when you were just the youngest Autopian...great to hear that things have gone so well for you, man!

MongooseGA
10-22-2008, 09:33 AM
<sniff> How quickly they grow up! And I remember when you were just the youngest Autopian...great to hear that things have gone so well for you, man!

Haha. Well, I`m doing what I can.

I`m way excited to go home to VB this weekend though. I miss it too much.

Scottwax
10-22-2008, 09:38 AM
:LOLOL @ "old crew" from an `04!

:wavey Glad to see you back!

MongooseGA
10-22-2008, 09:45 AM
:LOLOL @ "old crew" from an `04!

:wavey Glad to see you back!

Haha, well at least I`m not literally "elderly".

:LOLOL

JasonC8301
10-22-2008, 10:06 AM
LOL, pretty much followed a smiliar path to you. I enlisted went off to war, no back in school wrapping up my last semester until I get my BA in psychology.

I poke my head in here and there but think I did not post much from about 2003 or so until 2007 or so?