PDA

View Full Version : What do the pro`s Recommend?????

JSFM35X
10-21-2008, 05:03 PM
:wallI was the casualty of a sick amountg of bird bombing today! :wall I am in sales and came out of a call only to find that a bird had exploded on the car, hood (just polished last weekend), roof, trunk. I guess the bird must have had a wing span the size of a 747 to stay air borne with all that wieght!

I began to panic that my CC would get etched. I went into a deli and purchased 2 x 2 litter bottle of seltzer. I opened them, shook them up and covered with my finger and shot off all I could. Got some great looks from passers by! Went back for another 2 bottles to wash the loose stuff off. Still saw a light outline and used some Ultima QD on the exact spots and a MF towels to remove the residue. Left the car wet and when it dried it has water spots! My car is black.

Came home tonight, super quick 2x bucket wash 2x GG and Lambs wool mit, quick blow dry. To dark to see if etching ocurred.

What else can I do in this situation. MY car was way to dirty to QD and dry in the field. Would have scratched no doubt. I only get ot wash it 1X per week b/c I work crazy hours M-F.

Is there a better answer? What do you guys tell your custmers to do when this happens.(besides to call you!)

Thanks,

Jeff

JSFM35X
10-21-2008, 07:06 PM
What the deal? You guys know how to get a spec of tar off the inside of a rim, but nobody has any idea on how to deal with Bird poop?

twitch
10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
It sounds like you did all that you could with what you were working with.

I don`t necessarily have an answer for you but everything I have read around here it seems that bird poo is basically something that you have to "deal with".

All you can do is hope that the protection on the surface prevents or lessens the damage that it will do. It also seems that the severity of the damage is dependent on what the bird ate and then deposits onto the surface.

crystal bliss
10-21-2008, 07:48 PM
what wax do you use?

you might want to double or triple your protection. i think it would help.

BigJimZ28
10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
keep some QD & a MF in the car for the bird bombs(use a lot of QD and little pressure)

IMO a little marring is a lot easier to remove then major etching

also a few coats of #16 or 476 is the best best protection from bird bombs

JohnKleven
10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
you could use vinegar to remove the water spots.

John

JSFM35X
10-22-2008, 03:51 AM
I am using Ultima Paint Guard Plus Sealant. So far it has more than met expectqtions. I switcvhed from Colonite 845, which I still tink is a top rated product. My switch was for the WOWA formulation. After the winter I wil decide if it held up as well. So far so good!

Black is a super sharp color, but it is alot of extra work!

JSFM35X
10-22-2008, 03:53 AM
you could use vinegar to remove the water spots.

John

How would you mix the vinegar? Regular white vinegar?

reparebrise
10-22-2008, 06:02 AM
You can keep a bottle of waterlless wash product in your car for such occaisions(and everyday washing for that matter). A good waterless washis formulated differently than a QD, and when used correctly will not induce any scratching or marring.

JSFM35X
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
You can keep a bottle of waterlless wash product in your car for such occaisions(and everyday washing for that matter). A good waterless washis formulated differently than a QD, and when used correctly will not induce any scratching or marring.

What is a good brand orf waterless wash. I never heard of such a thing?

reparebrise
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I have used both NO WET green, and Freedom One in the past with success.

Wasatch
10-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe, Optimum NRW&S. You did great, more than what I would have done. I also keep a QD and some MFs in the truck. I would soak the area the best I could, then gently wipe it away. When I got home, maybe apply a little protection in that area.