PDA

View Full Version : Pad Cleaning

bill57
10-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I`ve read all the suggestions on how to wash/clean foam pads after finishing a job. What is a good way to clean a pad in the middle of a job, and then continue using the pad? Also, are there any general household products that make an acceptable "pad rejuvinator"?

razr007
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
when i`m doing a job and pad gets clogged i use the bristle brush clean it and continue using it to finish job

after done completely i use the 2000 system to clean all my pads frickin thing works great

Legacy
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Just spur the pad while working. I use Dawn Power Dissolver to clean.

eyezack87
10-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Since I`ve been switching to Prima stuff lately, its super easy to rinse/wash out. All you need is 2 minutes with a bit of Dawn and a hose. Then I spin dry with my PC and lay it out in the sun and use another pad of the same size. When that pad becomes saturated, I repeat my process and pick up the pad I washed earlier :)

rwisejr
10-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Since I`ve been switching to Prima stuff lately, its super easy to rinse/wash out. All you need is 2 minutes with a bit of Dawn and a hose. Then I spin dry with my PC and lay it out in the sun and use another pad of the same size. When that pad becomes saturated, I repeat my process and pick up the pad I washed earlier :)

I have always done the same steps but since have added the Universal pad washer great tool to have if you use alot of pads !!

Labster
10-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Plus 1 for those who clean their pads while in the middle of a job. Many times, if a hose is available it`s no big deal to just rinse them out and put them out in the sun on one of my totes or I`ll put them in front of a warm air mover to dry. I usually use a light brissel brush and a little dawn in a bucket. Later when I get home I use my pad rejuvenator kit and get them really clean.

Rexsy
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Can you dry wet pads in a clothes dryer?

Accumulator
10-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I used to use a brush to clean my pads mid-job, but I`ve sorta gotten away from it lately. As long as I don`t use an excessive amount of product I can clean them with a spritz of #34 and some rubbing with a cotton towel.

And yeah, Dawn, either the regular stuff or the Power Dissolver, works well.

Can you dry wet pads in a clothes dryer?

I`ve done it, but I dunno if it`s a good idea. Probably harder on the velcro than

anything else.

Spinning pads dry usually works well with the Cyclo and rotaries, but I`ve had so many pads fly off the PC that I`ve quit doing it with that machine. When spinning them dry, I hold the machine in a large plastic tub to catch the sling.