PDA

View Full Version : Put too much on

bill57
10-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Topped off a cream colored car with Collinite 845. Knew I had put too much product on when I felt the resistance in wiping/buffing off. The next night, under incandescent light, at just the right angle, I can see the path of my application. It`s like I didn`t buff it all the way off. Hand rubbing/buffing doesn`t remove it. This only shows up at night under the lights. Should I try buffing with the PC with dry gray pad? Or with bonnet, or what?

wannafbody
10-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Try some QD and wipe it down.

violentveedub
10-18-2008, 07:53 AM
I hate collinite for this reason. It always did this to me and the only thing that would take it off was something with a cleaner. Last time I just threw some DG #105 on a finishing pad and did the whole car at speed 3 or 4. Came right off.

Nothing else would budge it, I washed it 3 times and it was still hanging on.

Eliot Ness
10-18-2008, 08:02 AM
If a QD doesn`t do it try a thin application of 845. Often the solvents in 845 will do the trick for getting off residue like that:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/105940-collinite-845-please-get-off.html

Try a small area first, and remember if you use a cleaner you`ll basically remove all your protection.

qwertydude
10-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah easiest thing to do is rewax, those hard to remove trails are kinda proof how durable the wax is, if you can`t buff it off (even on glass I tried and even windex can`t remove overapplied trails on glass, at least not without lotso` effort) it`s got to be durable.