PDA

View Full Version : Ziebart`s Diamond Gloss or Meguiar`s Paint Protection ?

alucard187
10-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Hi everyone,

im new here & this is my first post (& thread) ... im from a country called the sultante of Oman which is next to Saudi Arabia. its a very hot a sunny country most of the year.

okay heres the thing, im not a professional detailer. in fact, i dont know much about car detailing. & i just bought a Suzuki Grand Vitara. the color is black. now, i was thinking of doing the paint protection thingy on my car since its brand new & also Black. i wanna avoid scratechs as much as possible & i wanna keep my paint looking good & new which is a bit difficult in the sunny & humid weather which we are having most of the year

A friend recommend me to use the diamond gloss from Ziebart. he did it on his car when he bought it one year ago and i must admit it, it looked nice even though its been one year. i went to them & they told me that they will do it for around 310$ & that will include protection for my interior leather, Carpet & dashboard. they also told me that i could renew it every year for half the price.260$ for outside protection only.

the other day another friend advised me to check out a car detailing shop that uses Meguiar products for paint protection. i went to them and i found out that they are using those 3 products from Maguire to do the paint protection : first) Meguiar`s Diamond cut compound 2.0 #85. second) Meguiars`s Speed Glaze #80. Third) Meguiars` Quick Detailer #66 . they will do it for around 100$ for outside protection and i can renew it every year for half the price same like what Ziebart is doing but much cheaper. for interior protection they said they can use some leather conditioner & some other thing for the dashboard but i still didn`t check their price on this one. i saw their work on my friend`s new car and it look fantastic.

Now guys i am sure that you can help me your opinions on this one. which one should i go for ? am confused. the diamond gloss is certainly more costly but im worried that if i go for Meguiars protection it will not be as good as ziebart`s . Please do not hesitate to help. if you have any other recommendations please let me know. waiting for your opinions . :)

David Fermani
10-17-2008, 06:14 AM
If you`re looking for a full service protection system with a written warranty, go for Ziebart. I`m very shocked that there`s a Ziebart store in the Middle East. Wow! The nice thing about having a warranty is that if you have a problem, it`s guaranteed. Especially if you are a less than a novice. The warranty is backed by a very large company; where with a private shop won`t be as structured.

alucard187
10-17-2008, 08:25 AM
If you`re looking for a full service protection system with a written warranty, go for Ziebart. I`m very shocked that there`s a Ziebart store in the Middle East. Wow! The nice thing about having a warranty is that if you have a problem, it`s guaranteed. Especially if you are a less than a novice. The warranty is backed by a very large company; where with a private shop won`t be as structured.

thanks alot for the advice.

Ziebart has been around here for the last 10 years & its quite famous.

i forgot to mention to you guys that the other shop is not just a private shop. they are the authorized & official agents of the Meguiare brand in my country. so they are considered a big company too.

any other opinions ?

David Fermani
10-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Yes, Meg`s is a strong force in the detailing industry, but I`m not aware of any warranty protection system that they offer? When your protection (paint/fabric) wears out prematurely, they charge for reapplication whereas Ziebart will honor it at no charge under a structured warranty. If that is of importance, then that could be a powerful advantage from one another.

Scottwax
10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Ziebart might have a warranty but most of their shops don`t do very good details. They were in and out of the Dallas area in just a few years.

alucard187
10-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Ziebart might have a warranty but most of their shops don`t do very good details. They were in and out of the Dallas area in just a few years.

i saw their job on some cars around here & they`re pretty good.

does anybody have an idea what Ziebart are using in their diamond gloss ? is it diffrent from what Meguiare is doing for their paint protection (Diamond cut compound 2.0 - Speed Glaze - Quick Detailer ). i want to know which one of those two will protect my car paint more & which one will last longer ? in other words which one will keep my car looking good for a longer period of time ?

razr007
10-18-2008, 02:21 AM
i really like megs the products do what they are meant to do for the right price just my opinion

alucard187
10-20-2008, 07:09 AM
i really like megs the products do what they are meant to do for the right price just my opinion

but what about their paint protection ? is it as good as Ziebart`s ?

razr007
10-20-2008, 08:52 AM
ziebart`s i have not used i stay with what i have had good luck with and it has been many companies products but that is not one

FlyingFalcon
06-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Which are the other detailing centres in Oman other than Ziebart? Any help would be appreciated.

Accumulator
06-27-2014, 11:29 AM
That particular Meguiar`s regimen (M85, M80, M66) isn`t so great.` Meguiar`s makes *MUCH* better products than those these days and I sure wouldn`t be satisfied with that on any of my vehicles.` That said, while I`m no Megiar`s-hater (have a lot of their stuff, used if for decades), IMO you can do a lot better anyhow.``NO WAY would I go that route.

`

The Zeibart approach might be fine,`but in the end it comes down to the person(s) doing the work.` If you`ve seen their work, and it`s OK in your opinion, then that`s what I`d go with.