PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to keep cats away?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_RedlineIRL
10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I`m getting tired of the lazy scumbags in my neighborhood that seem to think it`s ok to let their cats roam loose, especially when their cats seem to thinks it`s ok to crawl up on my cars. I don`t ever see them out during the day, so I can`t tell who actually owns them to confront the owners. Animal control here is also completely useless. What are somethings that I can use that will keep them away from my vehicles and property?

Bert
10-15-2008, 07:00 PM
I`m getting tired of the lazy scumbags in my neighborhood that seem to think it`s ok to let their cats roam loose, especially when their cats seem to thinks it`s ok to crawl up on my cars. I don`t ever see them out during the day, so I can`t tell who actually owns them to confront the owners. Animal control here is also completely useless. What are somethings that I can use that will keep them away from my vehicles and property?

I have been told cats hate the smell of moth balls. If so, maybe put a few around everyonce in a while and see what happens.

stang2676
10-15-2008, 07:06 PM
mouse traps

imported_RedlineIRL
10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I have been told cats hate the smell of moth balls. If so, maybe put a few around everyonce in a while and see what happens.

I`ve heard that before too, but never tried it. I may have to give it a try.

Is there any kind of sprays out there that actually work?

eyezack87
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
I had that problem in the past. So I got a dog and a BB gun to play with during the day. The noise seems to frighten them in my neighborhood :heelclick

miahman98
10-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Try one of these. I’m talking about the dog , not my sister.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/miahman98/ice024-Copy.jpg

rwisejr
10-16-2008, 04:52 AM
A gun !!!!! I have the same problem they hangout in my backyard as they don`t atleast sit on my cars but they tend to sit in my deepdish rims and piss from time to time.Unfortunately We have 2 cats but they stay in the house but my wife doesn`t help the problem buy feeding them from time to time and wont let me remove the pests . As you stated animal control is useless .Plus these critters keep breeding so there is always a new litter of kittens running loose around my yard.It pisses me off how people get these animals and then turn them loose to annoy others.Don`t get me wrong as I do like animals just not everyone elses idea of how they care for pets when they just let them run free all around the neighborhood.If they want them then keep them on their property.And not impossing on others.

imported_Yal
10-16-2008, 07:12 AM
I have the same problem. These cats don`t belong to anyone. The main problem is that my neighbor keeps leaving food out for them and they use a shortcut through my yard to get to hers. Of course my yard has the pretty cars with the warm exhausts and brakes to cozy under and over after dinner is over :(

Setec Astronomy
10-16-2008, 07:18 AM
As has been said, they might be strays, so don`t get in your neighbor`s faces about cats that aren`t theirs (although if you have stray cats it`s likely that someone is feeding them, as noted, unless you are near some other food source).

Oddly enough, the "cat people" are usually against these feral (stray) cats for a bunch of reasons (rabies, cruelty, etc.), but they can never get people to stop feeding them.

Bert
10-16-2008, 07:44 AM
I had that problem in the past. So I got a dog and a BB gun to play with during the day. The noise seems to frighten them in my neighborhood :heelclick

A paint ball gun would be even more fun!!!

kompressornsc
10-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Get a trap and take them to the pound. You`ll find out real quick who owns them when they see a trap in your yard. That`s what I had to do. Neighbor kept denying it was her cat until she saw it in the trap. :)

Also caught me this little bugger at the same time. Guess they like kitty food too.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/scottheavin/racoon002.jpg

Cats are determined little things. IMHO, if you try to keep them away from something, it just increases their resolve to get to it.

Bert
10-16-2008, 09:13 AM
Get a trap and take them to the pound. You`ll find out real quick who owns them when they see a trap in your yard. That`s what I had to do. Neighbor kept denying it was her cat until she saw it in the trap. :)

I think I may have to buy one of those. I wonder if Home Depot would carry them???

Also caught me this little bugger at the same time. Guess they like kitty food too.

Raccoon will eat dang near anything.

Cats are determined little things. IMHO, if you try to keep them away from something, it just increases their resolve to get to it.

Determined is putting it mildly

kompressornsc
10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
This was just on icanhascheezburger. Thought it appropriate for the discussion...

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/scottheavin/128685190828875514.jpg

rwisejr
10-16-2008, 04:49 PM
I think I may have to buy one of those. I wonder if Home Depot would carry them???

Yes home depot carries them last I checked

Robb
10-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Yes home depot carries them last I checked

Thats where I got mine http://1person1million.com/img/149/r08c1006bidc/biggrin.gif