PDA

View Full Version : Removing Micro Marring??? Help!!!

imported_NJDetail
10-15-2008, 11:06 AM
hey guys my jet black bmw has tiny super tiny swirls. ive tried alot of products but none seem to take out the fine swirls. there super tiny. there almost unnoticeable. only in certain light they come out. i bought po106ff hoping that would work. i am using a pc. will that work? im thinking maybe the white pad. anyone use the po106ff on jet black bmws before?

Thomas Dekany
10-15-2008, 12:56 PM
hey guys my jet black bmw has tiny super tiny swirls. ive tried alot of products but none seem to take out the fine swirls. there super tiny. there almost unnoticeable. only in certain light they come out. i bought po106ff hoping that would work. i am using a pc. will that work? im thinking maybe the white pad. anyone use the po106ff on jet black bmws before?

What year is it?

imported_themightytimmah
10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
1Z MP on a black pad will fix the most stubborn of micro-swirls. In the meantime, try 106ff on a black or blue pad.

stig-zzz
10-15-2008, 06:19 PM
po106ff NANO will work use a white pad use very little polish about 2 pea size dots speed 6 move very slow and let the polish break down:usa

Envious Eric
10-15-2008, 07:45 PM
rotary, slow speed, light or no cut polish, light or no cut pad, break it down and voila!!!

LeadingEdgeDetail
10-15-2008, 08:15 PM
It is going to take a huge amount of time to get those out with a PC without instilling more...

A rotary can take them out first pass, PC you will have to work a long time most likely for 2 or 3 passes with a light polish....

This is where a rotary comes in handy!

Scottwax
10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
rotary, slow speed, light or no cut polish, light or no cut pad, break it down and voila!!!

Agreed. PCs are pretty safe but they do tend to leave micromarring on softer paints even with a light polish and finishing pad. A rotary does a much better job completely breaking down the polish.

DSVWGLI
10-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Rotary is the way to go. 106FF is a great polish and will work wonderfully. On black paint it is a must that you use a finishing pad, the polishing pad has too much cut to finish out properly. I`ve used the PC and a black LC pad with 106FA on soft black paint with great results as well. 106FF/106FA is the only polish I`ve used that can accomplish this because of the powdered abrasives.