PDA

View Full Version : New Arrangments

imported_spielnicht
10-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, I`ve just moved into a new townhouse with a one car garage and small drive way to fit one car. This is a BIG improvement for me since I lived in an apt for the past 2 years with NO private garage.

The only minor issue is that we have two cars, so one of them has to stay outside. For me, this is a first. All my cars had been garage kept, whether in a private (home style) garage in the past or in a multi-floor parking garage as I had in the past 2 years.

Even though I`m not happy with it, I told my wife she can have the garage for her red 2007 Volvo S40. So, my black 2006 X-Type stays outside in the driveway.

So, what I need help with is recommendation on how to protect my baby from the elements.

When I lived in the apt for the past two years, I polished & sealed twice a year, only because I didn`t have a private garage which makes it tough. I sealed with DG105 and topped with EF Clear Pearl II weekly after washing. Now, I certainly can dedicate more time and effort to my cars since I have a garage. Don`t get me wrong, I`ve always made time to maintain my cars, never missed a week without a wash.

So, going back to the main issue, what`s a good sealant that will protect the car being outside and will make the black look best. I love DG 105 for its durability, but shine, so so.

Thanks in advance.

Labster
10-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I know that Scott swears by CK Carnuaba Moose Wax on black. I have yet to try it. Personally I usually have been a fan of OptiSeal. Seems to be pretty durable and looks great if there`s any metallic flake.