PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Poorboy`s SSR 1

slckrsx
10-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Hello everybody,

I bought some ssr 1 about 6 months ago and was using it yesterday when I noticed the consistancy was almost like water. I shoke it up very well but that didn`t help. I also have some ssr 2.5 that I bought at the same time as the ssr 1 which hasn`t changed since I bought it. My supplies are stored inside so temperature was not a problem. Is this normal for ssr 1 or is there something wrong with mine.

mblgjr
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
SSR`s all have the same consistency. Kind of a thick lotion-like consistency, certainly not "fluid" at all; much less like water. More of a thick cream.

I`d say you might want to give PB a call with the issue, I`m sure they`ll help out.

Mark77
10-13-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree, the SSRs are pretty thick, almost difficult to shake it.

slckrsx
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah I remember when I first bought it the consistancy was the same as the ssr 2.5 but now it`s like water. Thanks for the help guys.

imported_NRZ
10-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Let us know what you find out. I just bought a bottle of EX-P and I know its not the same but it seemed runnier then normal when shaking it up.

slckrsx
10-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Got a reply, was told ssr 1 is supposed to be thin. It can thicken up from sitting on the shelf for a prolong period of time but should thin out once shaken up a few times. I don`t know I`m finding it really difficult to use at this consistency, if I put it directly on the paint it runs all over the car, if I put it on the pad it just runs off the sides of the pad before I can get the pad on the paint.

imported_smprince1
10-13-2008, 04:55 PM
If it`s supposed to be thin it must be a new formula ... mine was somewhere between toothpaste and pudding if I recall.

Setec Astronomy
10-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Are you sure you`ve got it really shaken up? Sometimes the abrasives in polishes settle out to the bottom and are really tough to get redispersed, which is why some of us periodically go through our collections and shake them (which reminds me...).

imported_agentf1
10-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Mine is thick and it is pretty old. Yours definitely went bad, trash and buy some new stuff or even better pick up some Menzerna.

slckrsx
10-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Are you sure you`ve got it really shaken up? Sometimes the abrasives in polishes settle out to the bottom and are really tough to get redispersed, which is why some of us periodically go through our collections and shake them (which reminds me...).

That`s what I was thinking at first but I shook it very well and then turned it upside down to make sure nothing was stuck on the bottom of the bottle. Yup I go through my stuff every so often and shake up all my polishes.

slckrsx
10-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Mine is thick and it is pretty old. Yours definitely went bad, trash and buy some new stuff or even better pick up some Menzerna.

Yeah I want to pick up some menzerna stuff but I want to pick up a rotary first so the expensive polishes will have to wait.