PDA

View Full Version : Does glaze help to prevent water staning

pingable
10-13-2008, 08:22 AM
My DD was recently repainted - hood, rear bumper and front fenders were blended in.

I was originally just using glaze as a topper and totally fell off the roadmap on the reapplication. Before I know it, winter will be here and I will just be colloniting it anyways.

My issue hower is water spotting...grrr.

The daily drive is on a stretch of road that seems like it will never end constructionwise. They are breaking off the old road, tearing it up, repouring concrete and also using water sprays to let the concrete cure better.

And of course...it`s a given, that the sprays are not aligned correctly....and when in morning rush hour, the hood if not the sides of the car are getting sprayed pretty wet.

Just washed the car today and needed a little bit more *scrubbing* which than usual. Water spots, and dried constuction dust/debris is not a lovely combo on soft black paint.

I`m curious....in theory, if I was ontop of my glaze appliation, not only for looks, but would it also act as a oily layer in which the water stains would not be so easy to do....

Joel_MD
10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
I doubt that any glaze would protect against water spots. Glazes are not meant to protect as a last step product, with the possible exception of Danase Wet Glaze. Most guys use glaze after polishing to add shine and fill light scratches. Perhaps you should go with a durable sealant, such as DuraGloss or Zaino.

imported_agentf1
10-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I agree with Joel, you can apply Zaino on fresh paint and it will definetely protect you from the elements including water spots.