PDA

View Full Version : New Member--Intro and in need of help!

JSFM35X
10-13-2008, 07:20 AM
I am a novice and am trying to learn how to properly maintain my cars. I really thought I knew what I was doing until is leased a Black car! I will either learn to keep it looking great or it will be my last black vehicle!

I got pretty ok at white and silver (past vehicles) but I fell in love with a black car on the showroom floor. Either I will beat it or it will beat me and then in 36 Months it will be a frustrating memory.

The pro`s on this site have impressed me with their level of skill, willingness to help others with issues and professionalism. I cannot believe some of the turn arounds I have seen. I have also learned alot by reading past post. Thanks for your help!

Car is a M35X Black w/Black interior

Here is where I am at:

I use:

2 ea 5 gallon buckets w/grit guards

(wash details-1 pannel at a time, rinsing mit and pannel, hood, roof and trunk front to back motions. Doors top to bottom to reduce visable micro maring) Wheels cleaned with car wash soap only and old MF. Wheels have been sealed with Ultima sealant. Washed weekly by me.

Lambs wool for Hood, roof, trunk and door trim up

Long Fiber Microfiber wash mit for lower half and nose cone and rear end below bumper

Ultima Car Wash

Ultima Paint Prep (by hand or PC7424 w/ orange swirl buster pad)

Ultima Paint Guard Sealant (WOWA) This sold me bc I firured the less you touch black the better? Right?

Ultima Tire and Trim

Stoners Glass Cleaner Trigger

Loads of New MF towels Color Coded

12 Blue Suade MF Towels

I own a Pressure Washer which I have not used on the car. Would it cause the dirt to scratch the car or blow it off more effectly? I know I need to use it in thew Fan position if I choose to use it on the car.

Ultima Interior Gel Cleaner

Ultima Interior sealant for Wood, metal, plastic and leather

Aqua Pel Applied a 4 windows

The problem is is have light swirls. Cannot feel them but in direct sun-it looks like thin strands of spider web are on the car. I would appreciate some guideance on a technique to get these out. This is a daily driver in NY (18K per year) but I want to keep it looking good.

Thanks!

JSFM35X
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, perhaps the post was too long.

Please help me get the swirls out of my black paint! I could you some advice and perhaps a confirmation on the products I am using.

Thanks.

Jeff

DSVWGLI
10-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Welcome. There is a lot of info on this in the "how to" section of this site. After reading and learning all you can there, feel free to ask questions after that.