PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wrong With My Pressure Washer!!!

classydetail
10-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, let me begin at the beginning.... about 2 weeks ago I was in the middle of preping a detail when it started... I couldnt pull the pull start to start the washer.. I really didn`t know what to do.. so I took the spark plug out of it and it pulled just fine with the spark plug out... so i put the plug back in, and it started right up... well I was done with the jams or whatever i was doin, so I shut the washer back off, did sumthin else and went to start it again and it did the same thing.. pull cord would not pull(like it is seized up or sumthin..... didnt know what to do so I had to go buy another pressure washer to finish out the day..(had lots of stufff to do),,,, well.. anyway i am setting up a mobile unit and would like to use that presssure washer, so what I did today is changed the engine oil, pump oil, cleaned the carb replaced the filter, so that I could try to get it runnin, so after ALL that stuff, i hooked it up and first pull, started right up... i let it run for about 10 min, then shut it off, tried it again and started right up again, did that about 4 times.. so I was doin sumthin else for a lil while, then went back to it,,, bet u cant guess what happpen...........??? yup.. wouldt pull again.... i really dont want to get another pressure washer for my mobile unit... so any input, suggestions, or anything would be great!!! the engine i have in the gc190 honda,, i have a 4000 psi (gc390)pressure washer but i dont want to use it for detailing.. i am setting up another trailer for strictly pressure washing and doin fleet wash..

THANK YOU!!!

airhog
10-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Is it possible that you are getting a hydraulic lock in the motor?

Dan
10-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Did it spit gas out when you removed the plug? If so, it sounds like the float/needle/seat is not sealing well and dumping gas into the cylinder. Does it only happen if its tilted a certain way?

danponjican
10-13-2008, 02:03 PM
LOL! I think you are having the same problem I am having.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/garage-tools/112422-pressure-washer-issues-need-help.html

I did some research today and I think my (our) problem may be related to the "unloader valve". Be careful! I blew a hose and it was quite violent.