PDA

View Full Version : Question about upkeep/maintenance

superduty
10-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I detailed my wife`s white prius today. Came out pretty good (at least in my eyes). Most all of what I have learned is from autopia - so thanks.

Anyhow, here is what I did.

Valugard ABC decon with clay during the B stage.

Wolfgang swirl remove 3.0 with Flex

Klasse AIO with flex

Klasse SG

Collinite 476

Assuming I maintain the car by washing it every week to 2 weeks, what else should be done to maintain. I went with collinite due to the statements here about how long it lasts.

I also have have some JW AJT and Carnuba. Should I use those in between major reapplications of the Klasse twins and collinite? Help me out I am pretty much clueless.

imported_GeorgiaHybrid
10-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Why do I think you drive a ford pickup???

It sounds like you have a good plan with some nice products. Other than taking care during the washes ( two bucket, etc) I would just use a good quick detailer after drying and put another coat of 476 on when you notice the beading starting to decrease.

superduty
10-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Why do I think you drive a ford pickup???

It sounds like you have a good plan with some nice products. Other than taking care during the washes ( two bucket, etc) I would just use a good quick detailer after drying and put another coat of 476 on when you notice the beading starting to decrease.

Got a Ford pickup too. We now have the ultimate gas guzzler Ford F350 Crew Cab 4x4 and a prius.

QD - gotta do some searching here.

Holden_C04
10-11-2008, 10:31 PM
They sure are opposites. Although, according to Top Gear, the Prius has a greater environmental impact than a Land Rover Discovery.

imported_GeorgiaHybrid
10-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Holden,

Don`t believe everything the Brits say. They still claim their car electronics are the best.....

They are talking about a report that was debunked year ago.

Accumulator
10-12-2008, 09:30 AM
I detailed my wife`s white prius today...[finishing with]..

Klasse SG

Collinite 476

Assuming I maintain the car by washing it every week to 2 weeks, what else should be done to maintain...I also have have some JW AJT and Carnuba. Should I use those in between major reapplications of the Klasse twins and collinite?

Yeah, use the spray wax after washes for a little something.

Reapply the 476S after a few weeks so you get a few layers on there. If you want to make sure it doesn`t go over dirt, clay *very gently* with something like Sonus green Ultra-fine.

Just keep redoing the 476S now and then, *before* it`s really necessary, and you shouldn`t have to redo the underlying Klasse twins for a long time.