PDA

View Full Version : CG Nat. Shine vs. Silk Shine?

mblgjr
10-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Shopping for new general purpose dressings...been using Meg`s Hyper at 4:1 nearly everywhere, but on some tires and surfaces it just doesn`t absorb or "sit" quite right despite my various application methods/procedures and experimentations.

I prefer a very low-sheen tire shine with a very "black" look.

Has anyone used Chem. Guys Natural Shine or Silk Shine on tires? Please post pics if you have any of either.

What about Silk Shine on other hard plastic surfaces, like bed cap rails on pickups? Does it dry, or streak off when wet?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

mblgjr
10-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Bueller? Anyone?

Basically from searching, all I can find is that CG Nat. Shine is like Meg`s #40 (kinda) and Silk Shine is kinda like PB Nat. Look.

mblgjr
10-13-2008, 07:40 AM
So nobody can compare CG VRP/Adam`s VRT to anything else?

Hakko
10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
I`ve been using Silk Shine as an interior dressing and am very happy with the results, fwiw; much better than Meg`s Quick Interior Detailer. Haven`t used those other products.

mblgjr
10-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Thats all I`ve really summed it up to. Silk seems to be a lot like PB NL or Opt. OLP/Prot. Plus.

Thanks for the help!

DanSTi
10-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Silk Shine is my favorite product for tires. You can put it on pretty thick and let it dry and it creates a glossy look without slinging. Or you can wipe it after 10 minutes or so and it has a nice semi-gloss look, which is what I usually do.

mblgjr
10-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Silk Shine is my favorite product for tires. You can put it on pretty thick and let it dry and it creates a glossy look without slinging. Or you can wipe it after 10 minutes or so and it has a nice semi-gloss look, which is what I usually do.

Any pics? Would love to see `em.

JSFM35X
10-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I have great results with Ultima Tire and trim. Nice matte/ black shine. Did 2 coats when car was new not just one brings it back easily. last all week and rain does not see to knock is out like some others I have used.

(if someone show me how to attach pictures i have some tire shots)

mblgjr
10-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Easiest way to post pics is to go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) upload your pics there and they`ll provide you with links. Use the one with the [IMG] tags.

DanSTi
10-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Here`s a pic of Silk Shine after it`s been wiped down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/presserkrolld/IMG_4521.jpg

mblgjr
10-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks Dan! I found a couple of your posts/threads and decided to go with the Silk.

Awesome 6-pots ya go there...def outdoing my Brembo 4 piston units I`ve got sitting here; haha. Which BTW your car looks like an awesome project!

LouisanaJeeper
10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
poorboys bold n bright, just wipe off the excess with a old cotton cloth

mblgjr
10-16-2008, 12:05 PM
poorboys bold n bright, just wipe off the excess with a old cotton cloth

Yep, works nice, looks nice, durability sucks if it gets three drops of water on it.