PDA

View Full Version : How does Leather Master cleaners work?

Blade9
10-10-2008, 11:03 AM
I use their product, and the leather does look better afterwards. The instructions say to wipe the leather surface with the cleaner (foamed from a sponge) without rubbing it in. Then afterwards, to wipe it dry with a clean cloth. However, my cloth never seem to get dirty. So where does all the dirt and grime go?

judyb
10-11-2008, 03:06 AM
Using the cleaner as a foam is the safest and most effective way of cleaning. The foam will encapsulate the dirt and this is then lifted off with the cloth. You only ever clean the surface of leather therefore there is no need to rub a product in. If your initial clean has not removed any obvious dirt then (providing it is a non absorbent leather) allow your product (foam) to dwell on the surface a little longer to allow it to dissolve the dirt and then lift off gently.

If the surface still appears dirty it may be stained rather then dirt and this is a different problem.

Try using a foaming bottle for the cleaner rather than a sponge it is much easier and more cost effective.

Blade9
10-11-2008, 09:08 PM
The LM cleaner I have already comes in a foaming bottle. I only mentioned the sponge because that`s what the instructions say. I will try what you suggest and let the cleaner dwell a little longer. I have been wiping it off after putting it on. Do you think I should wipe the cleaner off with a damp towel?

judyb
10-12-2008, 02:48 AM
No a dry cloth or paper towel is best as this will be more absorbent than a wet towel which will not lift the foam as well as a dry one.

Blade9
10-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks Judy. I love LM products (well the cleaner and protection) and I will try your suggestions.

RDAutosport
10-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks Judy. I love LM products (well the cleaner and protection) and I will try your suggestions.

What exactly do you love about them if you haven`t managed to get the cleaner to work yet and you don`t mention using the protectant?

Regards,

Rich

Blade9
10-12-2008, 09:24 PM
In my original post, I said my leather "looks better afterwards", meaning the cleaner does work. I was just wondering HOW they do work, if my towels do not come up filthy. See the difference? And yes, I`ve always used the protectant right after cleaning.

Anyway, after trying many leather products, I like that LM does not leave a tacky feel. The leather feels the same as it always has. As well, it does not impart any of its own "fragrance". My car still smells the way it did the day I picked it up from the dealer`s showroom. And finally, I like the ease of application.