PDA

View Full Version : Pads

dionnfr
09-19-2005, 10:37 AM
What Manufacturer Pads do you use. If starting a business how many of each and what colors would your initial purchase be. Sorry forgot for the PC7424.

Beemerboy
09-19-2005, 11:05 AM
I like the Megs and Edge pads both seem to be durable. I like the Orange cutting pads from Megs, for using with the swirl removers...I also use there polishing and finishing pads....The edge pads I have 4 cutting, polishing two of each.

I also have 1 3M waffle compound pad but I rarely use that

I`m a weekend detailer so for me I have about 12 pads total....I can wash them if I really need one that is dirty. I always have a clean on ready so 12 works for me

Coastal Eddie
09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
What Manufacturer Pads do you use. If starting a business how many of each and what colors would your initial purchase be. Sorry forgot for the PC7424.

Lake Country hands down. They also have a new "Foamed Wool" pad I`m playing with which I will report back on.

Schlegel makes my favorite wool pads. :-p

doublel
09-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Hands Down Sonus SFX Polishing Pads

Sonus SFX Polishing Pads make the Porter Cable 7424 Dual-Action Polisher perform better and work faster.

Unlike most foam pads, which have their Velcro backing applied after the foam disk is cut, the Velcro backing is applied to the SFX foam in its sheet form during the foam manufacturing process. The lamination process creates a complete bond between the Velcro and foam that will not delaminate under the extreme stress of a high performance dual-action polisher.

These pads spin faster on the PC creating better results and the velcro is superior as noted above.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/sonussfxpads.html

Brenton
09-19-2005, 02:21 PM
I use Malco, which are good. I chose a double sided wool pad, for extra life. Lots make em, mines provided by Zep. I also use a Farecla cut & polish 5.5" pad set.

rollman
09-19-2005, 03:01 PM

You should look into the Edge 2000 pad system since your just starting out . Check one of the sponser`s of this site they offer very inexpensive pad kits to get you going . It`s good to keep at least 3-4 pads of each color . There`s no set number but its good to have pads on hand . Polish pads you may what more of because you use them more.

I use Malco, which are good. I chose a double sided wool pad, for extra life.

Those Malco pads are made by the maker`s of Edge Pads .

Brenton
09-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Those Malco pads are made by the maker`s of Edge Pads .

Oh. There you go.

GregCavi
09-19-2005, 03:51 PM
I really like lake country pads. The edge pads work well to. I just prefer the 7.5" size of my lake country variable contours.

Greg