PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s Final Inspection! oppinions?

Drsuce
10-09-2008, 10:35 PM
i can get bottles of this stuff for about $6/(CAD)bottle at work... sold through AC Delco. will it work good as clay lube? Also, how is it as a QD? i dont hear much about it!

LouisanaJeeper
10-09-2008, 10:47 PM
works well as a QD for me

I have never used it as a clay lube

zaxjax
10-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Final Inspection is not intended to be used as a clay lube.

7. Top Inspection (PP95) – use to inspect your work, use this water-based cleaner that removes dust left by compounding and any lubricating oils so you can see the real results of your work. There are no silicones or fillers, just gentle cleaning agents to uncover the real condition of your vehicle’s paint. However this is not the product you want to clay with or use to wipe down the car with after a wash, or use as a quick detailer (QD) as it will remove your wax / sealant (See also Silicone Removal, Surface Preparation)

Wasatch
10-10-2008, 07:38 AM
#34 Final Inspection is some very nice stuff, I love the smell of it.

sweetlou
10-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Final Inspection is not intended to be used as a clay lube.

7. Top Inspection (PP95) – use to inspect your work, use this water-based cleaner that removes dust left by compounding and any lubricating oils so you can see the real results of your work. There are no silicones or fillers, just gentle cleaning agents to uncover the real condition of your vehicle’s paint. However this is not the product you want to clay with or use to wipe down the car with after a wash, or use as a quick detailer (QD) as it will remove your wax / sealant (See also Silicone Removal, Surface Preparation)

final inspection is a menzerna product, different from megs #34 which can be used both as a qd and drying agent.

imported_Blake
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
I think Megs` Final Inspection is one of the better QDs. Not loaded with a lot of "enhancers" it seems to clean and work very well on a final wipedown.

the other pc
10-10-2008, 09:46 AM
From Meg’s website (http://meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+C2000):

“Detailing Clay quickly and safely removes bonded surface contaminants such as overspray, industrial fallout, fresh water sport, tar, rail dust and tree sap mist. Equally effective on paint, glass, metal and plastic. Simply lubricate surface with M34 Final InspectionÂ, or diluted Last Touch D155 and gently run surface until mirror smooth.â€

Which reminds me. I’m getting kind’a low Final Inspection. It’s about time to pick up another gallon. I love the stuff.

PC.

Accumulator
10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
I love the smell of the stuff too!

I sometimes use it for very gentle cleaning of very delicate surfaces, but generally I only use it when removing compound/polish residue.

Oh, and I use it to clean pads when they get loaded up. I spray on some #34 and then rub with a cotton towel. I just did a huge job on a full-size Audi using *one* set of Cyclo cutting and polishing pads, cleaning them as needed with that method.

Alfisti
10-10-2008, 12:24 PM
To answer your initial questions:

Works well as a clay lube.

As a QD, cleans well but adds very little to the look. Very dated technology.

Heaps of better QDs to enhance appearance/protection. OTC - TW Platinum, Mothers Showtime, E1 Wipe and Shine, any Megs QD (other than Final Inspection and Quick Detailer) and lots of boutique QDs available.

Save your money and get something really good...unless you use it in paints shop.

FairladyZ32
10-10-2008, 12:30 PM
just get a bottle and try it out. that`s what i did. for me, it works like the meguiar`s quick detailer. i don`t even know why i keep switching the bottles when i wipe the car down. =)