PDA

View Full Version : Course recommendation

jessispop
10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
I have been considering opening my own business for a while, but before giving up my 9-5, I decided to take the NxLevel for Entrepeneurs course.

This course is offered through my local community colleges Small Business development center the cost was $475 and worth every cent. The course covers everything from marketing, insurance, demographics, taxes all the way to writing a tight business plan to secure financing if needed, it has really helped me plan my roadmap to success. You also get counseling from guest speakers and the development center after the end of the course, and the networking opportunities seem endless.

All things being equal the only thing that seperates you from your competitors , is not what is the best tire dressing to use, but how well you network and how well you deliver what you promise.

People will assume you are a qualified professional until you prove them wrong, then they will tell two people , and they will tell two more people etc.

I highly recommend taking this course if it is offered in your area, consider it an investment in your future whether you have taken the plunge and are currently running an established business or you are like me and in the planning stages.

Twinscroll
11-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I know this was posted a while ago but definitely thanks for sharing!

Twinscroll
11-18-2008, 01:35 AM
America`s Small Business Development Center Network (http://www.asbdc-us.org/) - Link to America`s Small Business Center Network. Here you`ll be able to find out where the nearest centers are to you. These are some of the same centers that are described above.

Also I did a little researching and found that in the Northern VA area a 26 hour entrepreneurship course has been created. Here is the link :

Community Business Partnership - Northern Virginia Community College (http://www.cbponline.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&Itemid=186)

I hope some find this useful even if just looking for a place to find more information.