PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions...

trig
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I`ve been looking at Rotary Polishers all day, and then Compounds as well.

Would there be a benefit in continuing to use my Porter Cable 7424 and getting some M105 to use on stuff Menzerna`s SIP can`t work out, or should I wait a while and pick up a rotary instead?

Also, one thing I haven`t really found all that much info on is pads. Aside from using my foam pads with my PC7424, will they be useless with a Rotary?

Like I said in my C&B this weekend, Marley and I are trying to get something started, and so far I think we have 6-7 cars in line and they keep adding up. I`m wondering if we should do a couple more and then step up to some bigger toys...

Accumulator
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
..Would there be a benefit in continuing to use my Porter Cable 7424 and getting some M105 to use on stuff Menzerna`s SIP can`t work out, or should I wait a while and pick up a rotary instead?

Speaking as one of the few people here who doesn`t like using his rotaries all that much (at least compared to my Cyclos), I`ll say that today`s pads/products let you do a lot with the PC, at least with ~4" pads. It`s a different ballgame than it was a few years ago (note that four of my vehicles have hard clear too).

You`ll probably want the rotary eventually, but don`t sell the PC short *with the right pads/products*.

As to which you`ll prefer, well :nixweiss Seems like most people fall in love with the rotary.

Also, one thing I haven`t really found all that much info on is pads. Aside from using my foam pads with my PC7424, will they be useless with a Rotary?

You can use the same pads with both types of machines.

...I think we have 6-7 cars in line and they keep adding up. I`m wondering if we should do a couple more and then step up to some bigger toys...

You probably shouldn`t learn the ins-and-outs of the rotary on somebody else`s car ;)

trig
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Speaking as one of the few people here who doesn`t like using his rotaries all that much (at least compared to my Cyclos), I`ll say that today`s pads/products let you do a lot with the PC, at least with ~4" pads. It`s a different ballgame than it was a few years ago (note that four of my vehicles have hard clear too).

You`ll probably want the rotary eventually, but don`t sell the PC short *with the right pads/products*.

As to which you`ll prefer, well :nixweiss Seems like most people fall in love with the rotary.

You can use the same pads with both types of machines.

You probably shouldn`t learn the ins-and-outs of the rotary on somebody else`s car ;)

Will M105 be a pretty decent cut/step-up compared to SIP with, say in orange pad on the PC?

I don`t want to sell it short, I just want to get a full aresenal and use it to it`s full potential.

Haha, I didn`t mean to learn on their cars. I have my own to play with and wouldn`t touch anyone else`s car without being 100% confident in what I was doing.

Joel_MD
10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I have never tried M105 on my PC, but I`ve read other posts that indicate good results using M105 on a 3.5" PFW pad on a PC at speed 6. M105 and PFW is definitely a good combination on a rotary.

zaxjax
10-07-2008, 08:45 AM
M105 and PFW is the paint correction combo

Accumulator
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
M105 and PFW is the paint correction combo

For people who don`t use 1Z Pasta Intensiv instead ;)